Kindergarten

Moving to K!

>

LorettaLynn

Moving to K!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all,
I just found out I received a permanent teaching position for the fall in a Kindergarten classroom. I have taught gr. 1 for 10 years, so I am thinking that this will be quite the change. We just moved to a new city so this will also be a new school division for me. The jobs are highly sought after so I feel very fortunate to get on, but I need some words of encouragement. I am so nervous about making this change...

Also, I would love to hear some advice from people. Do you have any "must have" resources for teaching kindergarten? Anyone willing to share schedules, plans, or units with me? I would truly appreciate any help to get me started. I should mention that it is half day kindergarten.

Thanks in advance and Happy Easter!

LorettaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote

lunakitty

Congatulations!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I, too, taught first grade for ten years before making the move to kindergarten. I've been in K ever since (16 years) and I still LOVE it. I still remember the August day when I got the phonecall telling me that my request for a transfer to K had been approved...I think the whole neighborhood remembers!!
Half-day K is definitely a challenge but your first grade experience will be a great help. Just keep thinking about what you wished your little first graders knew when they started the year with you!!! You'll be great!!!! I can feel the enthusiasm in your post!!!!
Congratulations!!!!
lunakitty is offline   Reply With Quote

pamyarb

Love K
Old 04-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I currently teach 1/2 day kindergarten and love it. You will love the little ones. I have copies of my schedule, plans, and lots more. 1/2 day K is a big challenge with so much that has to fit in a 2 1/2 hour schedule. I can't post yet but if you email me I can forward you things that might be helpful. pamyarb at comcast dot net Good luck!
pamyarb is offline   Reply With Quote

teresascraps

Me too!!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just found out yesterday I am moving to K. Not by choice either. But it has had time to sink in and I am excited to start a new chapter in my life. I taught gifted for 2 years; 3 for 5 years; 4 for 5 years; 1 for 4 years and now have been told I need to go to K. I am excited, yet very nervous at the same time. I know that is a lot of work to take on those little ones who come in with almost nothing.

Teresa
teresascraps is offline   Reply With Quote

tmu

Moving from 1st as well
Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am very excited....and a little nervous. I had put in for the request and just found out today that it is going to go through. I absolutely love 1st grade however, need a change. What are some good online resources, books, etc....that would help with my summer preparation?

Thanks in advance.

tmu is offline   Reply With Quote