Help

Kindergarten

Coins/Money

>

KDGTEACHER

Coins/Money
Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am looking for good Smartboard activities for money lessons in kindergarten. We are working on identifying coins, features, and values. We are also counting small sets of coins. Thank you for any resources you can provide.

KDGTEACHER is offline   Reply With Quote

oxpinkstarsox

Old 04-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

search for money on the smart exchange website under Pre-K, K, and 1st. there are some great ones!! we tweaked a few to fit our needs better, but there are great starting points!
oxpinkstarsox is offline   Reply With Quote

learner

money
Old 04-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This is not "smart" but is hands on. My kids have had great gains with this with coins and values. I had 7 wooden blocks, just a tad bigger than normal wooden blocks..and I glued coins to the sides, repeating nickel and dime so all 6 sides were covered. The kids get in groups of 3 and roll the "die" and at first they just said the name of the coin. I made sure I had a top student in each group. After a few days of rolling and naming coins, the kids had to say, This is a penny and it is worth one cent, etc. After a few days of that, there was significant progress. Just my 2 .
learner is offline   Reply With Quote

hapenkgarten

Old 04-23-2011, 05:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This is not a smartboard lesson, but check out YouTube, Harry Kindergarten Songs. He has one called "Coins in My Pocket" and another called "Money, Money, Money." I play them on the smartboard and the kids sing along. The kids love them and the tunes are catchy. It shows the coins, and teaches the value of each. Your kids will be rapping the songs for weeks!
He has lots of other great songs for other topics. We love the counting by 5's and 10's, the 3D shape song.
hapenkgarten is offline   Reply With Quote

HuskerMomof3

Great Idea
Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

LOVE THIS!!! My kindergarten team has been looking for ideas to use for money. It is a tough concept for Kindergarten. This is really helpful! Thank You

HuskerMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote