Help

Kindergarten

K Student Teacher gift ideas

>

pamyarb

K Student Teacher gift ideas
Old 04-22-2011, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My student teacher just has 2 1/2 weeks left and I am looking for ideas for gifts to give her when she finishes. I am going to send a letter to the parents to see if they would like to donate 'teacher items' for a big gift basket for her and then have the kids write letters to her. Anything else I can do that might be cute?

pamyarb is offline   Reply With Quote

MissKayla

Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I student taught in the beginning of 2009, and I had the most wonderful supervising teacher. She did the same thing.. sent notes home and had parents send gifts and then I had a sort of "shower" on my last day. She also gave me a framed picture.. a colorful apple tree with all of the children's pictures surrounding it. I still have it to this day.. so wonderful.
MissKayla is offline   Reply With Quote

missbear

Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My mentor also had a shower for me and it meant a lot to me. I also got a book that all the kids had signed. It was a great end to my student teaching.
missbear is offline   Reply With Quote

GoGreen

Student Teacher Gifts
Old 04-22-2011, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My supervising teacher was amazingly generous. She had the class draw pictures of me and made them into a book, with a student photo for each page.
She gave me a big canvas bag for all the stuff we lug home. It was filled with multicultural crayons, post it notes, sharpie markers, note cards, bulletin board trim and a note book tabbed for discipline. It was a fun surprise.
GoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

pamyarb

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Great ideas. I'm pretty much on track. Now I just need to get everything organized. I like the idea of calling our party a shower! That is so cute. I think I will order a teacher bag from Lillian Vernan with her name printed on it.
Thanks for all your ideas. If anyone else has ideas -- keep them coming. My student teacher is so wonderful I want her last days to be fun.

amyluvs2teach

Memory DVD
Old 04-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I had a student teacher last year and I did the same thing by giving her lots of teaching supplies and materials, a class book with letters and photos and I made a memory DVD. I had pictures on it and I also had the kids give her advice on how to be a good teacher, things to remember when she teaches and why we love her. It came out so great and it made her and I cry!
Have fun! She is lucky to have someone so thoughtful as you!
Amy
amyluvs2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

pamyarb

Love it
Old 04-24-2011, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have been taking pictures of her with the kids throughout her student teaching experience. I thought I could make a small photo album for her but I really like the idea of a DVD - I am going to work on taping the kids. Sounds like a bit of work. I better get working on this on Monday! I'll let you all know how it goes.

techwizard

Make her a shirt
Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Every year I have the kids make me and my para a shirt using crayola iron on crayons. They draw the pictures and I iron them on to the shirt. It's wearable art. The kids love to see when I wear them years later. I usually wear my kinder shirt on 5th grade graduation.

(just a note...if you use this you can't write names unless you write them backwards- I have gotten good at it )
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
techwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

oxpinkstarsox

Old 04-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

This is my first year teaching. My mentor teacher and class made me a book "Everything I need to know, I learned in Kindergarten." The kids each gave me a piece of advice for what I should do in my classroom. Each page was a picture of them, their advice, and then a picture they drew. It's adorable and pretty much made me cry! There were three interns on the K team, and the teachers also collected school supplies from the parents which they stuffed into a mailbox for us. We also were given gift certificates and a few books to start our classroom library. They were VERY generous, but all good ideas
oxpinkstarsox is offline   Reply With Quote

lawsonm

Old 04-25-2011, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Gift card to the teacher store!!!

lawsonm is offline   Reply With Quote

pamyarb

All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
Old 05-01-2011, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Love this idea. This is what I am going to do. I will print up the poem, then have each of the kids write the advice they want to give her for Kindergarten and a picture of them, and then I will put all the pictures of her and the kids throughout her student teaching experience. And a final note from me on how she has grown so much! Can you tell I just love her!

I'm sending a note home with parents on Monday telling them when her last day is and ideas of what to bring (teacher items) for our Teacher Shower next week. We are going to try and make it a surprise. But she has to know something is up.

Then I am going to get a big teacher bad with her name stitched on it and paint all the kids hands on it and have them write their names. I will fill the bag with all the teacher goodies!

I think I have a wonderful surprise for the student teacher. I am sure she will cry.

Thank you

Munchkins

The Important Book
Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I am going to read this to my class, and then they will write their own page telling why Ms. ____ is important. I also have a ton of things I got from vistaprint when they had their last free shipping deal- notepaper, a banner with her name on it for her first classroom, a stamp with her name...and a bunch of other stuff. I am going to go to The Christmas Tree Shop and find a nice bag to put all the things in, or Michaels for a big canvas bag and have the kids sign it. And I got her a hardcover copy of "Have You Filled A Bucket Today" for her own classroom- she loves that book. I'm so glad so many of us had wonderful student teachers.
Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

MissEss

Student teacher gift ideas
Old 08-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I am a student teacher. I've been in 2 classrooms (2 to go) and have yet to receive a truly meaningful gift! My first CT gave me a gift card to a teachers' store, which was very practical and of course appreciated. My second CT gave me some flowers. This was very thoughtful and the flowers were beautiful, but of course the flowers died and that was that.

A gift I have seen that was WONDERFUL and SO CUTE (I have to admit, I was jealous when my classmate came to class with it) was a tote bag with kids' hand prints in fabric paint and they signed their names in fabric markers next to each print. It was so adorable, and that student teacher would remember those kids and that teacher forever! You could also fill it with office supplies, a student-made book, student letters, etc.

A framed photo and letters from students to their student teacher (a gift I gave myself during my first semester) are also great ideas. And I LOVE the idea of a "shower" with gifts from the parents, if they are willing to send stuff.

What student teachers *really* want is something made by the kids, or something like a framed picture that they can have to remember their kids by. As you know, we become very emotionally invested in these kids, and a keepsake of some kind is really the best gift I wish I had class photos of my kiddos that I could keep!

Last edited by MissEss; 08-08-2011 at 04:53 PM..
MissEss is offline   Reply With Quote