Help

Kindergarten

Coin Attributes Chuckle from K-1

>

bonnybelle

Coin Attributes Chuckle from K-1
Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have studied the coins one by one and so today I wanted the students to become familiar with the attributes of the penny, nickel, dime and quarter(size, color, figures, etc). We reviewed the coins and started to compare and contrast heads and tail. We named who was on which coin so probably way too much information.

Gave them each a coin to become an expert about with each other while I monitored individuals for retention of the concepts. Interviewed about a half dozen until I came upon my favorite interview subject of the day, maybe for all time.

She was holding a quarter and named it as such. She said it was worth twenty-five cents. When I asked her who was on the heads side of the coin she was clueless. Clueless until I gave her this prompt...

"President George..."

"Lopez!" she replied!

Yeah baby! President George Lopez!!!!

Made my day, but by this evening I couldn't recall the response. That is not until I saw The Colorado Rockies player Lopez threw out a Giant running to first base was I able to connect the dots.

Two vivid examples of how the brain works. Everybody needs hooks to hang their information on!

bonnybelle is offline   Reply With Quote