Anyone use Beginning to Read, Write, and Listen? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Kindergarten

Anyone use Beginning to Read, Write, and Listen?

>

ITeachK

Anyone use Beginning to Read, Write, and Listen?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm looking for a teacher that uses the phonics series Beginning to Read, Write, and Listen. If you use that series would you please send me a private message? I have a couple of questions to ask.

Thanks!

ITeachK is offline   Reply With Quote

cluttermind

Old 04-25-2011, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Is this the series that has letterbooks and the characters Doll, Ted, Tig, Ed and Flit? If so, you can send me a message. I wasn't quite sure how to do it. I'm still learning my way around this site.
cluttermind is offline   Reply With Quote

ITeachK

Cluttermind..
Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think you have to post a certain number of times to be able to send private messages. There isn't a link for me to send you a message.

It is the series you described. Here's my dilemma. We send home word lists for the parents to practice with the children at home however I would say only 10% of them actually look at the lists and work with their children.

Do you do any kind of word list assessment with your children?
ITeachK is offline   Reply With Quote

cluttermind

Old 04-27-2011, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

No, unfortunately I don't have a formal word assessment list. I just got moved down this year and it is my first year with the series. If we still have it next year, I'm going to work on creating some over the summer.

Do the kids take home the mini-storybooklets that can be photocopied? A lot of the words are in those stories. Maybe you could do a quick assessment of 5 sentences that use words you feel they should know. Have the child read the sentences to you and circle the words they don't know on another page. Send it home with a note attached stating "Please Practice Word Lists on a Daily Basis." Maybe if parents see the visual (how many words their child does not know) they may be more inclined to step up the at home practice.

Lack of involvement is so frustrating! It has to change at some point in time.

Maybe you could also try homework that makes the kids draw what the sentence says (Flit is on the cot. Ted has a big bell.)

Sorry I wasn't much help on this.
cluttermind is offline   Reply With Quote
yuki2499

yuki2499

I use it but need some missing worksheets.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hey everyone.. I know this is an old post but and hoping someone will check it. At my school we use some of this program to help supplement. I am looking for some missing listening tests for the letters W and P. Just seeing anyone can help me out.
Thanks!