Help

Music Teachers

Music Variety Evening

>

SallyJuniorT

Music Variety Evening
Old 10-19-2013, 12:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi! My principal has asked me to get the grade 3/4 class, 5/6 class and 7/8 class ready for our annual musical variety night. We could do handbells in grade 5/6. Any ideas for grade 3/4 and 7/8? Our school has boomwhackers...

Thank you in advance!

SallyJuniorT is offline   Reply With Quote

HeyHeyHey

HeyHeyHey

Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do you have a supply budget? If so, spring for this great CD series, K-8, produced by Plank Road Publishing. A new CD comes out every month. Some of the songs have been written with boomwackers in mind - think playing boomwackers on stage while they're singing. It's awesome.

However, I must tell you that although the series says "K-8", that's no guarantee that your older kids will like it. But if you're teaching all grades of elementary, it's definitely worth the investment if just for the younger ages. The music is singable and fun, and you'll also find that other areas of school curriculum are often incorporated into this series, which can help you if your admin likes seeing that.

If you have no budget... can you tell us what time of year the event is scheduled for? Have you committed to a Christmas/winter theme or is there no season attached to it?

SallyJuniorT

Musical Variety evening
Old 11-17-2013, 07:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That sounds like a great purchase to make! The theme is Christmas. Thank you so much!

SallyJuniorT

Boomwhackers - Gr. 7/8
Old 11-24-2013, 01:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you! I purchased the Christmas CD for Boomwhackers. Do you or anyone else have any good ideas for teaching boomwhackers successfully to grades 7 & *?