Help

Third Grade

Common Core Scope and Sequence

>

Live4Teaching

Common Core Scope and Sequence
Old 06-23-2013, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was just wondering if anyone has a Scope and Sequence that they have created for 3rd Grade Math. I am trying to lay it out so I know what I'm teaching and in what order. I just wanted to know if anyone could share what they have for me to base mine off of!

Thank you!!

Live4Teaching is offline   Reply With Quote

MsMonkey

Math Curriculum Map
Old 07-04-2013, 02:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am attaching a draft of the math curriculum map that I developed for me team last year. It's based on the EnVision math program, because that's the main resource we were supposed to use at the time. There are other resources listed as well that I found very helpful. It also includes some old AZ standards that we must teach while we transition to the CCSS, since we still have to take the good ol' state test. Hopefully it can be of some use to you. If you have any questions about any of it, just let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Math Pacing Calendar - Core Transition - OLD.docx (64.9 KB, 127 views)
MsMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

cbrownie15

Thank you so much!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi,
This scope and sequence is so helpful, thank you.
Can you tell me what assessments you used?
Thanks,
Carrie
cbrownie15 is offline   Reply With Quote

MsMonkey

Assessments
Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm glad it's helpful! EnVision has benchmark assessment and grade level assessments to go with their intervention component. There was also a test question bank from them, so we could search for questions by standards. We pullled from all of the resources to create our own assessments. I do not feel that the types of questions we've used in the past meet the rigor of the Common Core though.

This coming year we will be making use of units put out by Engage NY(I thinks that's the name) and the NYC district. They are more intense and better assess depth of understanding. They are graded with a rubric, so it takes more time at first but the information you get from it is worth it, I think.

woody716

Thank you!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I really like how you laid this out. I use envisions too, but I'm confused about the the numbers like in unit 2, you have
EnVision Lessons to use for reference:
20-2, 20-3, 20-4, 20-5, CC-29, 20-9
Mine doesn't go up to 20, (it goes up to 16.) are you using the CCSS envisions or the pervious edition?
Thanks,
Liz

woody716 is offline   Reply With Quote

MsMonkey

EnVision & Georgia Frameworks
Old 07-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We have an older version of EnVision; we purchased like a year or so before they released their CCSS version. Any lessons with the CC are supplemental lessons that they provided us with for the Common Core. I'll see if I can login so I can tell you the topics for each unit, maybe that will help.

It's looking like my team might be relying on the frameworks created by Georgia more than EnVision this school year. https://www.georgiastandards.org/Com.../Math-K-5.aspx Their units are super thorough. You might want to check it out!