Life Skills Differentiation-How do you help them all at once? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Special Education

Life Skills Differentiation-How do you help them all at once?

>

elleveeaych

Life Skills Differentiation-How do you help them all at once?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All! I have a middle school life skills class of seven students, all at different academic levels. My lowest does not know her letters and is non verbal, my highest is at a 3rd grade reading level. We also have 2 severe behavior students and 2 with CP in wheelchairs. It's only myself and one assistant, but 4 of my students cannot work independently. My school does not have a reading program for me to follow. I'm having trouble coming up with lessons and ways to meet their individual levels without leaving some of the kids "hanging".

I've tried folders with individual activities for them and that seems to work a bit but I'm having so much trouble working with the intensive students, managing the other 2 behavior kids and giving my higher students the instruction they need to move forward.

Any suggestions??

elleveeaych is offline   Reply With Quote

KelleySL

MS life skills
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have things gotten any better? I have a similar situation. What I try to do is work on the same concept for everyone at the same time but at everyones level. EX: Money- one is making change, one combining bills and coins, one is counting like coins, and one is identifying money. We are all working on the same concept just at everyones level. It is a challenge.
KelleySL is offline   Reply With Quote