Help

Magnolia Room

RC Survey

>

Jule

RC Survey
Old 07-24-2010, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Seeing that I am attending the training next week, it's a little late for me to ask, but are any of you the only teacher at your school using RC? Our school has general rules - 3 Bs - Be responsible, respectful, safe - but teacher's have their own classroom behavior systems, and they are all different. I don't think I'll get any resistance to my implementing RC, but I'm just wondering if it can be successful in just a single classroom. Please say yes.

TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Old 07-24-2010, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have wondered the same thing! I would say yes, but I would like to hear what others have to say.

I was the only one last yr and I saw a huge difference with the way my students acted with each other as opposed to non-rc classes!

happygirl444

Old 07-24-2010, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It sounds like you are using PBIS. Am I right? Those sound like their rules. RC and PBIS apparently match very well as Northeast Foundation for Children has done a load of presentations and materials on how they can go hand in hand so I don't think you will get a lot of resistence.

Every few months or so, this very question comes up on this board. I've asked it myself in the past--can you do it alone? My answer is YES. You can be very successful. I have been very successful (I've even "converted" some people). The follow-up question: Is it easy? No--you will only have us to bounce ideas off of or contacts you make during your training. It's hard when everyone around you is doing/saying different things. Other teachers might be resistant to it. You just stick to your guns and know this is what's best for kids. Then, come in here and ask questions, give advice, and celebrate.

You can do it! Jule, you already know so much and I can tell you really believe in it. You are going to be not only amazing, but a trailblazer in your building! Your kids are lucky.

littlemj

only one in school
Old 07-25-2010, 04:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have been drawn into this room by the great conversations, thoughts that are happening here and my desire to do things differently. I am very interested in learning more about RC. Our school board uses PEBS (this is our acronym in Nova Scotia, Canada), but I would be the only one using RC in my school. I have a few questions 1) what books should I read first? (I don't have access to training) 2) I will be in a job share situation and although I am working 100% I will only be in the classroom half the time and not first thing in the morning. Any thoughts on how could I make RC work in my situation?