Help

Magnolia Room

How do you make your circle?

>

DogLovr

How do you make your circle?
Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm new to RC -- just finished the class. Can you tell me how you manage to make a circle with your kids? I teach 2nd grade. Do you have a rug everyone sits around? Tape on the floor? I don't want it to take 10 minutes to get a circle everyone can fit in every time.

Mrs. R :)

Old 08-08-2010, 07:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congratulations on completing the Week-Long Institute! I bet your head is spinning with information and ideas.

Look up Interactive Modeling in your Resource Book that you received as part of your Institute. You will teach your students how to "circle up" during the first few days of school. I have 3 carpet areas in my room, so it is really importnat to teach them how to come to the circle so that they can do it quckly and safely and we can get started with our learning.

Good luck as you think out how you will teach this important procedure through Interactive Modeling!

Tileah

Old 08-11-2010, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've been teaching kindergarten the past few years and at the beginning of the year I put little velcro strips on the carpet to mark a circle. This helps us at the beginning of the year. We spend a lot of time at the beginning talking about what makes a circle where everyone can participate and feel respected in. After a few weeks I take the velcro off the carpet and the kids make a circle on their own.