Help

Magnolia Room

First Day MM Greeting

>

NoviceEd

First Day MM Greeting
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi! I wondered if anyone could suggest a Morning Meeting greeting for the very first day of school? I teach third grade. Thanks for your help!

Jule

Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My RC1 teacher said she always introduces the students herself on the first day. I will do that and will not official start MM until the second day. I think I that day I will just have them introduce the person next to them. They'll probably still be wearing name tags.

Room22

Morning Greeting
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have not been trained in the responsive classroom approach, but my plan was to introduce myself, "Hi, my name is Mrs. Smith." The kids would then respond with "Hi, Mrs. Smith." I thought I'd go around the circle and let every kid introduce themselves and be greeted by the rest of the class. Just a thought!

NoviceEd

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not formally trained in RC either, but several teammates have attended the training and shared the philosophy and books. I love the RC concept and am anxious to use it in the classroom a bit more this year!

Have a great school year!
TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Old 08-26-2010, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The instructor I had for RC2 suggested a very simple greeting. She showed us how we intro first..".Good Morning Class, I am Mrs. O." Then the class responds "Good Morning Mrs. O" Each child does the same thing and everyone responds...quick and easy.

I also do an activity where they introduce a partner to the groups and name facts about that person. I got it off the Laura Candler website..it's called Talk Show.