Help

Magnolia Room

Tickets

>

maddydaddy

Tickets
Old 09-15-2010, 03:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I give out tickets in my room for students following expectations and for answering questions during class. I know that I've seen that rewards aren't RC, but what if I don't "give" them anything for those tickets? In my room the student, or group that has the most tickets at the end of the week gets to put a big trophy on their desk and eat with me at lunch. In addition, I don't move their desks for that week. Is this still not considered "RC"??

Also, I had a student who was constantly doing things for attention. Last week in morning meetings, we discussed the four reasons misbehave and his behaviors have seemed to lessen. The kids all know the reasons and we have been brainstorming reasons that kids might act out in specific circumstances.

Finally, I've been doing a game a call "Man vs. Wild" which is a play off the scoreboard idea. What kinds of things do you do if you win, or the win the day? At first I was doing 100 pushups when they won, and the class had to do 100 collective as well.