Help

Special Education

Classroom Set Up for Moderate SDC 3rd -6th grade

>

hi2sib

Classroom Set Up for Moderate SDC 3rd -6th grade
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm needing suggestions as to how to set up my new classroom. (I'm finally able to teach again after a 3 year lay off!! ) I taught in a gen. ed. K class for 7 years prior to my new assignment. I've read some of the other threads and much of the set up in SDC seems to have similarities with a kinder class. I understand having different areas in the classroom, read student IEPs to identify needs, etc.

Some of the questions I have are in direct relationship to the age/grade span between 3rd graders and 6th graders: Calendar wall? Morning routine? Do I setup a carpet area? Seating arrangements by grade, (each grade has approximately 6 students)?

I'm guessing I will be teaching each subject by having students rotate through centers. A center with the teacher for instruction, a center with para to work on specific IEP goals, and independent activity center. Does that sound correct? Any help will be extremely helpful. Thank you.

hi2sib is offline   Reply With Quote

d1230

Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Sound just like situation going from reg edu and sped.... I made a calendar/weather/today is yesterday was area.... then had my u-shaped table in the middle of the room and my other tables spaced out. Since my darlings have attention issues I really spaced out my tables..

I am going to do literacy and math centers.. 20 minutes a center with rotation to me for direct instruction on iep goals...
d1230 is offline   Reply With Quote