Help

Special Education

Scheduling Chaos

>

HeelsinClass

Scheduling Chaos
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am new to the SPED Dept. this year. I am the Coordinator at a FN school in a semi-remote location and have a caseload of 40+ students to manage as well as myself and 2.75 staff members to supervise. The 0.75 is her time, not part of the person .

We have spent our first week doing assessments that were not done in the spring to have current data on our students. We are coming to the end of that task and now I have to schedule all of our time. Traditionally we do a lot of withdrawing from classrooms in our school. There are a few teachers who are open to having one of us come in and support students in the classroom.

IEPs are a year out of date and I have only one person's schedule from the department last year. So I am feeling like I am flying visually impaired.

Our Director of Ed. has been very helpful (she did this job several years ago), but getting the nitty gritty gorted out is my job. Any advice on how to juggle it all would be appreciated.

HeelsinClass is offline   Reply With Quote

Miller

Old 08-31-2012, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

a year out of date which means all out of compliance or do you mean they were done last school year? All current IEPs should be from 10/2011 to 05/2012.

each sped teacher should have their roster of kids. if not, you divvy it up and give kids to teachers. I'd suggest assigning each person a grade. then if they're all the same grade, divide them up evenly. give each person some monitor kids and some full minutes kids to make the IEP loads even.

have each person write down when the last IEP dates were and if they're all expired, get them held ASAP.

I do an excel spreadsheet of mine and put last name first, in another column do DOB, another column IEP due date, eval date, exceptionality. Then because it's excel you can combine all of them and arrange them anyway you like. I have a few print outs organized by name or IEP due date.

hope this helped.
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote