Help

Special Education

What rights do I have?

>

msjase

What rights do I have?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

New year, new school, New director. Day one, we were instructed to make "corrections" to IEP's for students we had not even met. We were instructed to change dates, goals, and rulings. We were told that all students with an EMD ruling have a behavior plan in place. When I asked if we needed a meeting for any of these things her reply was, "no you don't need a meeting for small things like changing dates and goals." Then we were told that we would be responsible for doing revaluations on students. I said I had never done one and I needed training. She told me I talk too much. Since then she complains about everything I submit her. She tells me it is incomplete. My severe/profound students are taking star tests and I haven't even had the time to begin my Alt Assessments because I am doing all the other paper work. She writes me up, no one else but me. One teacher has let her students IEP eligibility date expire but she has threatened to write me up for turning mine in late (due to computer/counselor hold ups). By the way my date isn't out until two weeks from today. I turned it in one month prior to the day it is due to expire. Then at 9pm tonight she emailed me yet again saying the reeval was incomplete. I am so stressed out I think I am turning my notice in Friday.

msjase is offline   Reply With Quote

Miller

Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

totally illegal. Any change to an IEP needs to have parent consent and their signature/initials. Some changes need the whole IEP committee.

Why is a teacher doing re-evaluations? As in eligibility evals? That's the Pupil Appraisal team.

You also cannot change or do a behavior plan without seeing the child and observing him/her.

Is there a special education coordinator you can "put a little bug" in the ear?
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

mshelbyk

Old 10-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

file an anonymous complaint with the state!
mshelbyk is offline   Reply With Quote
SPED oldie

SPED oldie

Reply to msjase
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Please reward yourself by finding another place in which to do your job. Been there-done that. Trust a Sage: "Principal (director) has the problem..not you". Leave on your terms so you can continue to be healthy and happy. Best wishes!