Help

BusyBoard

What happened to staples?

>

IL2teach

What happened to staples?
Old 08-04-2012, 05:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last week I went to Staples and I was charged full price for the penny items. I got the first two for a penny, and the clerk said that the rest will show up as rewards on my card. I tried to get more information, but she couldn't really explain it. Can someone explain what the rewards are? Also, did this happen to anyone else? I've always been able to get 25 for a penny. So frustrating.

IL2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

BettySpeller

Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They changed their policy this year and are not allowing teachers any more than everyone else is allowed. A lot of teachers refuse to go there now.

I have a rewards card too. My husband buys tons of ink for his business and I get the rewards! After you spend so much $, you get a coupon in the mail. I just used one for $10.00. It is like free money, there is no minimum purchase required. Honestly though, if it wasn't for my husband I don't think I'd ever earn one because their items are much pricier than Walmart.
BettySpeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Readingal

Office Depot
Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Will let teachers get 30 (or more) of the sale items. And they were soooo nice when I went there. Staples is much closer to my house, but I feel like Office Depot is treating me better.
Readingal is offline   Reply With Quote

Laurascoupons

I contacted Staples
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I told them I was not happy with the new program and how getting the items for my class helped during these hard economic times. The reply I got was that it was basically the same since I would get rewards. Well, spending that much money now and getting a coupon later is not the same. They also told me they changed the program because it was teachers who complained about the old program. Really? What teacher is going to complain because they can get 25 one cent items instead of 2? I also noticed that all one cent items at Staples require a $5 purchase now. I let Staples know there are other stores with great deals and that's where I will go.
Laurascoupons is offline   Reply With Quote

tinkerbelle81

Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I honestly think this is a store-by-store policy, not company-wide. I went a couple of weeks ago twice to pick up the colored stickie-flags, and both times was told that the limit did not apply.

tinkerbelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote

ILove2teach

Old 08-04-2012, 03:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My office depot is VERY strict on the limits... I just price matched at Walmart
ILove2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

GoldiTeaches

Office Depot and Staples
Old 08-04-2012, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have found this year and in the last two years that things vary from store to store. Staples has the strict company policy this year, and it is nation wide, but it is really up to each store manager whether or not to enforce. There are some that will let you go ahead and get 25 of something for the penny or the cheap sale price, but others are strict and adhere to the new policy.

Wasn't it Office Depot that we were complaining about last summer or the summer before? Then it was them who were enforcing some new strict policy about how many sale items teachers could get. I guess OD and St are taking turns being the strict ones!

It never hurts to play dumb at the location you shop at and ask the store manager nicely what the teacher policy is. I like giving places like Walmoart and Target my business because they don't have so many darn rules. Target lets you get a max of 25 of the spiral notebooks and comp. notebooks at the cheap sale price, and as many as you want of any other sale items. No stupid rules, no waiting to get coupons back, no sifting through my purse for my teacher reward card.
GoldiTeaches is offline   Reply With Quote