Help

BusyBoard

TPT curiosity

>

mamacanteach

TPT curiosity
Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is the first year I have taken a serious look at TPT. I'm curious to know how many of you have a store and/or how much $ you've spent on TPT?

It is such a great idea. I am hesitating on buying a number of things because of the limited previews. I wish I could see more pages of some of the documents without paying and downloading.

mamacanteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Hos

tpt
Old 08-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a store and I really don't have any preview documents except on one file. This is mainly because I am still new at it and haven't quite figured out how to make them yet I have bought a few things. I find that I don't always use everything in the file but more than I would if I bought something from a publisher. Plus I feel good knowing that another teacher reaps the benefits of me buying it.
Mrs. Hos is offline   Reply With Quote

MiddlingAZ

A Big Fan
Old 08-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

There was a tpt post on the Lounge yesterday and they moved it over the BusyBoard. Take a look--I posted about the hard goods and things you can buy there in addition to digital downloads.

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...d.php?t=420906

I have a store which I just started after buying stuff for years. I'm sure I have spend a couple hundred dollars. Some items were disappointing and some were true treasures. Actually, I have often been surprised how much some posts offered in the way of thumbnail previews and free download previews. Sometimes I admit that I was pretty much able to create myself what I wanted from looking at them. I'm sure that's why some people don't want to give much of a sneak peek. Of course I was willing to spend the time doing that. Saving time is one big benefit of tpt items; seriously, sometimes I woke up in the morning after 'thinking' about my lesson for the day all night and feeling I needed another piece, went on tpt before school, found the perfect item, and used it that day.

You can ask the seller specific questions about the content of the item if that would help--there is a Q/A tab on the post. You can also see if there are ratings for the item and if buyers have left comments.

I know it's annoying if you spend money and are disappointed, but a couple of times I gave very honest feedback ratings and expressed my dissatisfaction very bluntly. For example, I once wrote that the bulk of the materials for a novel unit were generic and not specific to the actual content of the novel. Another poetry unit consisted mostly of poetry examples written by a student with the same last name as the author--obviously her daughter!

But please buy at least one document and see what you think!

Mrs. Hos --- I just copy about half of the main page of my activity, paste into a separate document, and post that new document in the preview box.
MiddlingAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

roo

Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just started a store there about 3 weeks ago. I had been to the site many times looking around at items, especially to see some items people had pinned on Pinterest. I finally decided that I wasn't going to spend a bunch of time creating things I'd never use myself, but that if I was creating anything new, which I often do, I'd do it in a format that could be posted and purchased.
In that time, I've made over $50, which I think is pretty great for just uploading files that would otherwise just be sitting on my hard drive. (By the way, this is with the regular free membership in which I only earn 60% of the purchase price minus 30cents per transaction). Not a bad deal. If I'm able to upload some more items and have continued success, I may consider opting for the premium membership.
roo is offline   Reply With Quote

ashleigh_60

tpt
Old 08-04-2012, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've bought 86 items from TpT (don't tell my husband). For the most part I've been very pleased with my purchases. I like to buy one item from a seller before I buy a bunch of their items, because I want to check out the quality of their work. There are a handful of sellers that make absolutely amazing materials that I don't hesitate to buy, and there are a few that I don't buy from anymore. Either way, I always get more than I do from a professional book, and I love being about to print from home.

ashleigh_60 is offline   Reply With Quote

ILove2teach

Old 08-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have a store I have probably spent $100 on there over the years.
ILove2teach is offline   Reply With Quote