Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Universal Studios- Orlando

>

tchrrx

Universal Studios- Orlando
Old 05-26-2019, 10:12 AM

I've been to WDW many times, but this year we're switching things up and trying Universal instead. Share any hints/tips that you have, please.

tchrrx is online now   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 05-26-2019, 10:42 AM

Stay at either Hard Rock, Portofino Bay, or Royal Pacific. Express Pass Unlimited is included in your stay there. Watch the Harry Potter movies before you go!
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

tchrrx

Old 05-26-2019, 11:25 AM

We're staying at Hard Rock. I've read all the books and watched the movies. (I'm sure we'll watch them again before we leave.)

What food recommendations do you have? Hints/tips for managing bags and the lockers? Is there only one entrance to the parks, or does Hard Rock have a separate entrance?
tchrrx is online now   Reply With Quote

dee

Check out Orlando Informer
Old 05-26-2019, 11:27 AM

Join their Facebook page.

TONS of great info, advice, etc!

My favorite place!!!
dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs.Lilbit

Old 05-26-2019, 12:25 PM

Guests staying at the resorts can either take the ferry or walk to the entrance from the resort. We loved riding the boats! You also get entrance to the parks an hour earlier than other guests.

The first thing you will want to do is get a lanyard to carry your park to park ticket and fastpass and keep them handy. Park to Park passes will allow you to ride the Hogwarts Express from Diagon Alley in Universal Studios to Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure. It is a ride in and of itself, so you don't even feel like you are leaving one park or entering another.

Most rides have free lockers where you can store your things for the duration of the ride. There are also lockers you can rent throughout the park to store your things long-term. When you purchase things in the gift shops, you can arrange to have your items sent directly to your room so you don't have to carry them around with you.

Food at the park is typical amusement park fare, but there also some nice sit-down restaurants. We enjoyed eating at The Three Broomsticks and The Leaky Cauldron. There is also a restaurant nearby called the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen that is our favorite place to eat in Orlando. The Universal CityWalk has lots of dining options as well.

You are going to have so much fun and I am so jealous! To me, Universal is so much more fun and less stressful than Disney.

Mrs.Lilbit is offline   Reply With Quote