The Job Search

Elementary math demo help

>

SheilaTubman

SheilaTubman

Elementary math demo help
Old 08-07-2018, 05:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello, all! I have a math demo lesson tomorrow (short notice). Itís 25 minutes in length and I am hoping someone can help me with some suggestions and help on a couple questions.

1) I hope this doesnít sound stupid, but the instructions say that the lesson plan needs to address as well as state a ďprogression of learned skills.Ē I canít figure out if Iím overthinking this, but what is this saying? Is it just saying they need to learn something in the lesson?

2) The lesson is for students entering fourth grade. Should I address an end of year third grade concept or a fourth grade concept? I have no notion of their levels so I donít want to try and build upon skills they donít actually have.

3) I have to incorporate technology, using just a laptop and projector. Iím really struggling with this (again, maybe overthinking) because I worry a video is too simple/obvious and a game could eat up the whole time and seems like it doesnít require enough effort from me. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Idaho4me

Kahoot
Old 08-08-2018, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Make a kahoot game and use as wrap up? If only one computer, they can either shout out answer or write on whiteboards. Might count for technology component.
Idaho4me is offline   Reply With Quote
SheilaTubman

SheilaTubman

Old 08-09-2018, 04:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks! This has already passed. I did not include technology well and bombed.