Help

The Job Search

Applying around

>

ellenroo

Applying around
Old 02-20-2019, 11:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a question about searching for other jobs while still employed at another school. This amazing position is open and I'm trying to apply but it wants my most recent principal as a reference. Understandable, but I don't want my P to know that I'm looking around. He's not particularly supportive and has been kind of rude to me and teachers lately. The district here is in teacher shortage so he would want to make sure that I didn't leave and that worries me. Any suggestions? I'm a 2nd year teacher and don't have a lot of school related references.

ellenroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 02-20-2019, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I interviewed for another position last year. On the application when it asked if they could contact my P, I said, "Yes, as a final step prior to making an employment offer." Last time I was heavily job searching I had a lot of interviewers asked me if my P knew I was leaving and if I wanted them to only contact her if I was the final candidate, so it's not that weird. I'm SO glad I didn't say anything to my P (or allow them to call beforehand), because the job didn't end up working out and I'm back at the same school this year.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote