Help

The Job Search

Administrator won't complete online references

>

cocoa 03

Administrator won't complete online references
Old 06-11-2018, 08:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a Special Education teacher. I am also certified in School Counseling. I had given up applying for counseling positions; however, this year I had such an awful experience at my middle school that I decided to start back applying. I asked my AP who was my ELA co-teacher before she became the AP, to complete two reference forms for me. I also asked her last year when I was going to apply for counseling positions but decided against it for my daughter's sake. My current school allows me to drop her off to her school, which is a fine arts high school. They do not have transportation. Well the AP told me that she had by back and would help me.

This school year was so difficult, I decided that I was going to apply anyway because it would be worth it and figure out my daughter's transportation later. I had 18 students in my Small Group Special Education class!! Yes, and 20 in my inclusion classes!! I also had my own General Education homeroom that I had to teach SEL. It was a very difficult year to say the least! My school is also on the turnaround list for having low performance.

What bothers me the most is that my AP claimed she completed one of the refrences and asked me to send them again. I still do not have those references completed from her. I also heard from other co-workers that the principal does the same thing. One co-worker has been waiting since January for her to complete a reference.

I signed my contract by June 1, now I am only able to get out if I get a promotion. I can get out for a teacher position if I give 30 days notice and pay $1,000 per superintendant. I work for highest paying district in my area and get paid twice a month. I received a call from a neighboring district that does not pay as well but has a better environment.

I am so stuck, do I go to the interview that is for Special Education or continue to apply for school counseling positions? I am thinking my AP does not want to make the principal angry at her and is just doing what she does to stay in good graces with principal. I have good evaluations on my TKEYS so go figure. I know I said a lot, if any one can decipher this, please give me some feedback. I want to hear what my fellow educators would do in my situation. What should I do also about the AP not completing my references? The school that called me does not even have all of my references. They did not mention it though. It is so stressful!

cocoa 03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Guest37394

Guest37394

Old 06-20-2018, 07:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Is there another superior that you could ask to fill out the reference? Possibly a special education director or a different assistant principal you have come into contact with? I carried this out successfully and was able to get around my principal, who didnt seem to like me, to get another job.