The Job Search

What Should I Say?

>

Unsure

Unsure

What Should I Say?
Old 06-27-2018, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was teaching in a private school last year so I could work closer to home. The behavior was off the charts horrific (In every class. Not just mine.) and the principal was a bully. The entire year was a nightmare. She would call me horrible names in private and blame it on the parents. She refused to do anything about the behavior problems, even when one of the students was threatening to bring a gun to class. Every weekend she would email the staff with new demands for the upcoming week. I was the only teacher who jumped through all of her hoops, but apparently it was not enough. She did not renew my contract and would not tell me why. I know I did nothing wrong. I ended up leaving early due to family issues.

There is a school that I would like to apply to but I am afraid this former principal will ruin it for me. I am planning on letting the principal of this school know my contract was not renewed (obviously I will not bash the former principal). Before working for the bully principal I taught at another school where the principal was fine with me and always wrote positive feedback on my observation form. I am planning on giving their name and number, but I am not sure what the best way to explain my recent situation would be.

GreyhoundGirl

Old 06-28-2018, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would say either not a good fit, or looking for a job closer to home or the truth, that you left for family reasons. Iíve never been asked why I left a school.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unsure

Unsure

Old 07-02-2018, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Even though I left before the year ended due to family reasons, the fact of the matter is the old principal did not renew my contract. I applied to the other job and explained my situation. I included letters of recommendation and well as the contact information of a previous principal who renewed my contract multiple times. I have not heard anything back and am worried that the principal from last year was contacted and made up false accusations. It is horrible when mentally unstable people are given power.