The Job Search

Best answers to these interview questions

>

Hotnhumid

Hotnhumid

Best answers to these interview questions
Old 07-18-2018, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Iím interviewing for a special teacher position and these are the Qs I struggle with..

#1 How do you handle extreme studentís behaviors? Letís say one of your students is throwing a tantrum in the hall, biting himself, etc.

#2 How do you use your aides? How do you get the best out of collaboration with aides?

whatever

The short answer is
Old 07-18-2018, 12:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

RELATIONSHIPS.

You have to establish relationships with the people you work with--students, colleagues, paras, etc....

A student with extreme behaviors won't give you the time of day if there is not an existing relationship.

Paras are a little different--they need to feel respected and valued. You are still the leader but you cannot do it without them-you make up the lessons and activities even if they are to implement them. Never ask an aide/para to do anything you are not willing to do yourself. Hmmm, that's the gist of it.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

Gigi814

Old 07-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In addition to creating relationships with students, I would also talk about having a calm down area of the classroom for this student to go to. In addition, I would create a personal behavior chart for this student that the parents see on a daily basis. Having the parents involved (if possible) is a great help when it comes to extreme student behavior.
Gigi814 is online now   Reply With Quote