Teacher Notebook - ProTeacher Community

feleciayoung

Teacher Notebook
Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am trying to create a teacher notebook that holds everything attendance, lesson plans, etc. Does anyone have ideas or suggestions of what to put in it or forms I can include?

Thanks

feleciayoung is offline   Reply With Quote

NeeCee

Is this what you need?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I saw this link earlier in the week.

http://www.proteacher.org/a/81034_Binder_Planbook.html
NeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote

caroleu

not sure exactly what you want
Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I teach 3rd and keep a binder with lesson plans and related handouts. My week's plans are on two facing pages, tabbed with the week's dates. Behind it are all the handouts/answer keys for the week, organized by subject and tabbed Math, etc. I also add (on the lesson plans) any flipcharts I use on the ActivBoard or PowerPoints/printouts. I write in notes about whether I liked an activity or not.

When I taught middle school, I included any notes I wrote on the board. I did this by keeping my plans open on the computer during the day. Anytime I added/changed something, I modified the plans. These detailed notes really helped for the four years in middle school - I could refine notes, remember good ideas (), what worked well, etc., and I could find everything easily. Also, I taught 4 sections of the same subject and it helped me to be sure they all got the same information.

I keep a separate, smaller binder for my hard copy of my gradebook, attendance, discipline forms, etc. Those things get discarded at the end of the year. The lesson plans become reference books.
caroleu is offline   Reply With Quote

feleciayoung

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for the input. I am trying to stay organize this year and for me if I can organize everything in one binder, it will help me out.
feleciayoung is offline   Reply With Quote