Does Best Buy honor competitor's prices? - ProTeacher Community

Home Search My Favorites
Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Does Best Buy honor competitor's prices?

>

tammynj

Does Best Buy honor competitor's prices?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone know if Best Buy honors a competitor's sale price?

My printer died yesterday. I tried to mend it myself () but that didn't work (no surprise there!). I went to Staples just to see what the price range/products are, and found a one that looked great for me (printer, small scanner, makes cd labels, and prints photos). Even better, it was on sale for $99, down from $129. BUT, of course, they were sold out. However, the salesman said, we can order it online, and shipping is free. Okay. We go to do that, and it is sold out online to. Drats. I went to Best Buy and found the same model, for $129. I am not willing to pay the extra $30 since I know it is on sale at Staples. After I left, it occured to me that maybe they would have matched Staples sale price? What do you think?

FancyFish

Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have price matched at Best Buy before. I got the sale price at the other store, plus 10% more. They did, however, call to see if the item I wanted was in stock at the other store. The sales girl told me that if it wasn't, they couldn't price match. I'm not sure if that is true everywhere, or just at my location.

Teach2

Yes
Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Just last month they matched the price of Circuit City for an item for us. They gave us the same price that Circuit City was advertising, which saved us $30 or $40. While they were processing it, I was reading their price matching poster and I think if you had already bought the item with at Best Buy and then found it cheaper somewhere else they would refund you 110% of the difference.

imacacher

yes!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I bought a laptop about a year and a half ago at Best Buy. I got an Office Max ad about 2 weeks later for the same laptop over $200 cheaper!!! (And Best Buy had a good price!)

I took my receipt and the ad and they matched 110%. No problems, and they didn't call to check to see if it was in stock, although their policy says that they will.

fun2learn

Yup
Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

They price matched the camcorder I wanted. I presented a Sear's ad and they called the closest sears to make sure it was in stock, they said if it wasn't that they couldn't honor the price