Snack Letter - ProTeacher Community

b_lady

Snack Letter
Old 08-19-2008, 03:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Would you mind sharing your snack letter that you send home to parents. I'm looking for some wording about small healthy snacks. Thanks

b_lady is offline   Reply With Quote

AllisonB

AllisonB

snack idea
Old 08-19-2008, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

As a special education resource room, I have not provided snack for my kids, but I know a friend of mine sends home a breif letter (sorry I do not have a copy), and also a little note after the student brings snack in that says, "Thank you for the HEALTHY snack!"--which I think is a great positive reinforcer.

Maybe you could include examples or pictures of appropriate healthy snacks in you letter?

Nicki2482

I can't attach things yet but..
Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have something about snack that I write in my parent handout:

"Healthy snacks can help boost a child's mental and physical skills. For this reason, we have snack every morning at approximately 10:30. I encourage parents to send their child to school with a small, healthy snack each day. Our snack time is supposed to last no longer than 15 minutes, so snacks should be small enough to eat in that time period; one thing to eat is all that is necessary. Please send spoons or spreading utensils with your child's snack if needed.

It is the goal of ____________ School is to teach students healthy eating habits. With this goal in mind, the following is a list of acceptable morning snacks:

• Crackers
• Pretzels
• Fruit and/or vegetables
• Yogurt or pudding
• Granola bars
• Cereal
• Popcorn
• Rice Cakes
• Applesauce
• 100 calorie packs
• String cheese
• Mini-muffins
• Raisins
• Bagels
•

Please note that chips, cookies, cakes, etc are not permitted as snacks. Students may bring milk or water to drink if they would like. As teachers, we have found that the high levels of sugars in fruit juices and sugary snacks make students excitable and unfocused. For this reason, we ask that your children bring either water or milk (not juice) if they’d like a drink with their snacks. The first grade greatly appreciates your understanding and assistance in helping _________ School and our first grade class meet our nutrition goals."
Nicki2482 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tea"cheer"

This is a Keeper!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love this, Nicki2482. I am doing individual snacks for the first time this year and this is a perfect way to inform the parents. I've always had families send in boxes of snacks for the whole class in previous years, but I grew tired of the same families donating all of the time. Thanks for sharing!
Tea"cheer" is offline   Reply With Quote

PeanutButter

Here is the one I sent home...
Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I got this from a team mate. It says "we" due to team teaching, so if you are by yourself you'll want to change it. Hope it helps!

Attached Files
File Type: doc Snack Information.doc (93.5 KB, 550 views)
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote

jteach

Peanut Butter
Old 08-25-2008, 02:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm using this--Thanks!!!!!
jteach is offline   Reply With Quote