behavior checksheet - ProTeacher Community

just asking

just asking

behavior checksheet
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a behavior check sheet that they use on a daily basis? I am looking for something that I can just check off and then on Friday's send home (either on another sheet or with a note or something) I want to keep it in a notebook so it is documented. Can you tell I have the class from ****!! I teach first. thanks in advance.

suem

check list
Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't have one that I can just send over the internet, it's been awhile since I have had to do any thing with one. This is what I did when I had the class from you know where.
I listed all the behaviors I found more annoying in my room across the top of the page, then put the names down the side. I didn't put all the names, just those who really needed to learn how to behave. For a while, I carried the list with me in the classroom. When the child misbehaved, without saying a word, I would put a check on the behavior I noticed. Most of the time, the child saw me do this. Then I would put their name under the frown on the board. (I tried harder to get their names under a smile. It's easier to catch flys with honey.)
The only thing I did that was/is different than what you will do is the list never went home. It would have done no good. Where I taught, there was no support from the parents, but the children didn't know this and they were young enough to fool, most of the time.
I figured I would at least have this for documentation.

Another thing, this past school year, I went into a class in March, after the other teacher had been fired. The class had ran the room the entire school year. I was mean. I was strict. I didn't go into make friend with the kids. Even the older kids in the school commented on how mean I was being to the kids. (I was fair, just tough) In less than a month, I had the kids for the most part under control. They could walk down the hall quietly, they could stay at their tables when they were done eating their meals and they finally got compliments on their behavior. Most importantly, they learned how to learn. I'm not saying I wasn't exhausted by the end of the day, but before school was out, they had learned enough they were starting to learn the lessons they needed to learn.
Don't give into the class from h***. Once you get their behavior down, then the learning will take place.
suem is offline   Reply With Quote

KP/NH

Here's a site... may help you
Old 08-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This link will take you to a free download section of the site. There's a free PDF called Classroom Behavior Report Card Resource Book here. You can download 1 chapter or the whole resource. You may be able to use as they are or tweak to suit your needs. At the very least, you may get some good ideas for creating your own. Hope you find something useful.

http://www.interventioncentral.org/h...r/behrptcd.php
KP/NH is offline   Reply With Quote
MrsDriver

MrsDriver

I have a...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

couple of different ones I have used in the past. If you would like I can e-mail them to you. Just let me know.