Are Wal Mart and Lowe's connected? - ProTeacher Community

bookgeek59

Are Wal Mart and Lowe's connected?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does one own the other? I have always been bothered by this- same color scheme for the building, they are usually very close to one another, and so forth. Does Wally World own Lowe's?

I once knew of a website where you could look and see who owns each big box retailer and who sits on each Board of Directors. Anyone know what I'm talking about? All I can find is snopes.com and wikipedia-- not the most reliable sources out there.

cool2read

can't help u on that a BUT
Old 08-31-2008, 08:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I will tell you for sure that Walmart and Lowes are not owned by the same person. Sam Walton began Walmart. When he died it was left to his wife and children. She died a few years ago and the kids own it.

Carolyn

WalMart and Lowes
Old 09-01-2008, 03:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Funny that you should mention it, but our Walmart is right next door to our Lowes store! Both share the same blue color scheme, although the new Walmart store further down the highway has a green color scheme. Perhaps Walmart is getting away from blue?

h0kie

Not related
Old 09-01-2008, 05:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Checked out snopes and found out the history of Lowe's. You learn something new every day. Snopes is generally reliable as is Wikipedia. If something is incorrect, people are reading it daily. A periodical that is constantly updated. Nice!

They're not connected to Wal-Mart and they're not owned by a bitter ex-wife. I've decided, with only so many colors in the world, there are bound to be some similarities. Maybe they have a partnership to build nearby? Who knows.

As found them on Market Watch. You may be able to Google stuff from there.

mom2six

It's not true.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My husband worked for Lowes starting in the early days. Many of his friends include the last CEO and several VPS. Several of them started out in the same store, although not in N Wilkesboro. There were no Walmarts in our area back then. Since Wallyworld was started by the Walton family and Lowes by Mr. Lowe and some other man, I doubt this is true.

Now I'm curious what Snoopes says and heading to read it just to see if any of DH's old buds are mentioned.

Luv2TeachK-6

Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Maybe they use the same red,white, and blue color scheme to try connect thier store with American-made items or value system- something like that?

kyteach06

Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have always heard there is a connection. I believe it was Wal-Mart owns a part of Lowe's...it's been awhile since I asked. This has come from a VP I know at Wal-Mart who is a close friend of the family. I know in my state, there are lots of Wal-Marts and Lowes in the same area. That's why I asked the VP this very question!