Individual Behavior Plan - ProTeacher Community

TchrLady

Individual Behavior Plan
Old 09-11-2008, 06:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a student with multiple behavior issues and I am trying to come up with an individual behavior plan, which I have never had to do before. I would appreciate it if anyone has one they can post as an example. I am looking for something in the form of a chart that lists positive reinforcements as well as consequences. Thanks!

TchrLady is offline   Reply With Quote

whatever

I don't have a copy on my computer
Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

because I generally pick out the 1-2 worst behaviors and plan for that first. I use the charts below and outline the expectations for and make him sign it at the beginning of the week and at the end as well. I keep it on a clipboard so I can pass it along to the Specials teachers as needed. (Or send it with him to the office.) I make a copy each week then send the orginal home to the parents. As he meets one goal, we reduce it and/or introduce another.

http://www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com/
whatever is online now   Reply With Quote

tchrgrl28

Here's mine
Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Here is what I use with my kiddos...
Attached Files
File Type: doc Nicole's behavioral plan.doc (24.5 KB, 1340 views)
tchrgrl28 is offline   Reply With Quote

mgeiger

I posted a similar question....
Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I posted a similar question the other day and I came up with my own. I have a student who needs constant praise or attention, if he doesn't get it - he freaks out! Here is what I came up with, I hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Malik Behavior Chart.doc (47.5 KB, 961 views)
mgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote

OKTeach1

Daily Progress Report
Old 09-13-2008, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have used the attached form for many years with various students.
The parents are happy with the daily information. I started 3 students on this plan on the 6th or 7th day of school and it has made a big difference. My goal is to help them to see their choices and learn to make better choices. I have one student that has successfully learned to monitor his own behavior and will probably not need to be monitored daily with this form. I will say that it helps because all three of my students' parents have been very supportive. They are providing the rewards and consequences at home, which is a big help to me. I give parents advice as to what would be natural consequences for their choices. Most of them lose TV/video games privileges. As you can see on the chart I have divided my day into smaller segments. This will also help you as a teacher along with the parents to see if there is a pattern to a child's inappropriate choices. I also talk to parents about my belief in rewards (Eric Jensen's book Brain Based Learning). I encourage them to reward their children with their favorite dinner or a game night stating that because we don't have to take time discussing and making new plans because of your choices, we have time to do fun things together. On the chart students come to my desk and will stamp their progress report with a star when they have made good choices. If they have not made a good choice during that segment of time, I will write a very brief note about why they did not receive a stamp (e.g. "constant calling out after reminders"). I conference with each student who is on a plan during the day when I call them up. I praise them or talk to them about how they can make the rest of the day more enjoyable for all of us. I also set new goals with them as they reach specific goals. This plan was effective this year when a child's dad has now agreed with mom (who is a teacher) to allow their pediatrician to check to see if their child needs medication or other help to be his best. Another child has mastered being serious and not silly during class time, but still has difficulty doing the right thing walking down the hall. Usually my students need this form for a very limited time. It gives them a visual picture of their choices and has helped them to see what they need to do. Parent support is great, but if you don't have that find out what this child likes to do and reward them with a special time at a center. My special ed teachers work with me and allow a student time at a special activity if they have so many stars on their daily report. I hope this will encourage you as you work with your friends that need to learn how to make good choices.

Attached Files
File Type: doc Daily Progress Report.doc (48.0 KB, 1005 views)
OKTeach1 is offline   Reply With Quote