Help

ARCHIVE

3rd grade Whole class Enrichment ideas

>

KS Teacher

3rd grade Whole class Enrichment ideas
Old 09-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am looking for some ideas for enrichment activities that I can do with a whole class.

KS Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

kaese

Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Can you clarify what you mean by enrichment? I do a variety of logic activities with my fourth graders...is that the kind of thing you want?
kaese is offline   Reply With Quote

KS Teacher

enrichment
Old 09-14-2008, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have a set of students for a 30 minute period. These students have passed skills that were taught in previous classes. I am looking for activities that I can do with the class. (Web quest, writing projects, extend math activities, etc....)
KS Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Team Jordan

Enrichment Activities<
Old 09-15-2008, 03:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I teach enrichment activities at least 3 times a week in reading< This is my favorite thing to teach> I would love to share ideas with you, but I need to know what targeted area you are needing assistance with<
The activities are based on a targeted reading skill, such as sequencing, fact & opinion, literary elements.
just let me know and I will be glad to help you>
Here is an example of what I am doing this week>
We are finishing up on sequence of events, steps in a process, that kind of thing,the enrichment part >>> they are creating a paper mache snake< It's really cool!
Team Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

BelleBelle

Enrichment Ideas
Old 09-15-2008, 07:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I teach about 45 minutes of enrichment to a group of 3rd graders everyday. Here are some of the ideas that I have done or plan to do:

1-we use Open Court Reading and the first unit is friendship. I had them brainstorm interview questions (at least 10) then they interviewed their best friend/close friend. Then they took that information and created a powerpoint with graphics, colors, etc. about their colleted information.

2-We started learning about the 6 trait writing. We imagined we were getting on a magic carpet ride and I had them think of 4 places that it could take them. It had to be places they at least knew information about. We took that info and drew illustrations of what they imagined those 4 places to be on a sheet of paper folded into 4 sections. Tomorrow they will cut up the 4 pictures and list 4-6 things that they would do on their magic carpet ride trip. On Wednesday they will pick one location and use their ideas of what to do and add details on a worksheet. Then they will begin writing their rough draft on Thursday & Friday. I got the idea from The Mailbox Yearbook 06-07.

3- We also will be creating a biography on powerpoint about people like Jackie Robinson, Harriet Tubman, etc.

If you want I can email you everytime we think up an idea to help out!

Just let me know!

BelleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote