Box Tops 4 Education Collection Sheets - ProTeacher Community

revans7

Box Tops 4 Education Collection Sheets
Old 09-18-2008, 08:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello, I'm the coordinator at my school and for some reason, my school is not as excited as I am. Would anyone like to share ideas that are used at your school to get EVERYONE excited about collecting box tops? Do you have any collection sheet ideas you would like to share?

Thanks in advance!

revans7 is offline   Reply With Quote

loggerteacher

Box Tops
Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Last year my school had class contests to get everyone motivated. It really worked well, and like you, it was a teacher that oversaw the contest.

Anyway, each class had a container in their room and they turned in their boxtops. Each week a volunteer counted up each class' boxtops and an announcement was made about who was in first, second, and third. Then at the end of the month, the classroom with the most boxtops won the 'party' for that month. The parties varied each month. Some of them were: hot choc. and cookies (winter), ice cream, frost your own cupcake, popcorn, and some others i can't remember. Anyway, our teacher worked with our PTO so they paid for all the parties and also put on the parties.

Maybe this will work for you. Good luck!
loggerteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Snicklesnack

Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My school has a contest. The class that collects the most Box Tops by December has an ice cream party with one of the secretaries in January. She brings ice cream and loads of toppings. Everyone wants to win!
Snicklesnack is offline   Reply With Quote

galinchico

interesting....
Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Let me ask a question...are you collecting them for the whole school or are you allowing the teachers to keep the money?

I taught at a school where they collected the boxtops for the school and I never saw or was told where the money was spent/what was bought. Needless to say I was not very motivated.
Now I teach at a school where the teachers get to keep the money their classroom collects and believe me I personally have no motivation issues in collecting the boxtops!!! Last year, just my class, earned $90.00!! I have classroom "money" as student motivation and I even "pay" for boxtops brought in.
Some examples of what I've bought with the money, about 12 spell checkers at $20-30 each plus batteries, I have used it to pay for field trip costs, and I have bought all sorts of classroom supplies for the students such as Fiskers cutting tools, special markers and other items for special projects.
galinchico is offline   Reply With Quote

SunnyGals

Old 09-18-2008, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Since PTA does so much for our entire school all year long, I didn't have a problem with collecting, trimming, counting and turning in BT. We just used a collection envelope (provided/made by PTA) and turned them in on a monthly basis. The class with the most each month, got a "treat" party. No big deal. Our school ended up with about $5000. of FREE money because of a team effort.

If I was curious as to where the money went, I attended a PTA meeting and asked for a budget printout (which they gave out anyways). PTA spent thousands of dollars based on teachers needs/wants so classroom participation was always 100% by the teachers.

SunnyGals is offline   Reply With Quote

tinkerbelle81

Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

In our school the kids use the worksheets provided on the box tops site. We give them the sheet, and when they fill it up, they turn it in.

http://www.boxtops4education.com/Abo...nProjects.aspx
tinkerbelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote

sharon77

Box Tops
Old 09-18-2008, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

In the past we have done a school wide challenge. If we collect ### box tops they earn a free dress day (we're a private school), but you could also do hat day, pajama day, etc.

Our money goes into a general school fund to be used on office supplies, copy paper, laminating film, etc that is used by the teachers for their classrooms.

If you log onto the coordinator area of the box tops site they have some collection sheets you can download.
sharon77 is offline   Reply With Quote

TITAN05

Our School
Old 09-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

At our school, we have a contest twice a year. Usually one contest is a school theme - put box tops in your favorite sports team was our school wide campaign last year. We also have a classroom contest as well. I've seen this done well and not very well. If the teachers are told what the box tops will buy and relay this information to the kids, then it's a success. Usually there is a reward - something small like a cookie party or popsicle party.
TITAN05 is offline   Reply With Quote
crazy4boxtop

crazy4boxtop

Inwood school coordinator
Old 11-09-2008, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

This is our first year turning in Box Tops. In the past children would turn in a few but no one ever followed up on them and so they expiered and we lost the money for them. This year is different! The teachers get to keep all the money that come into their class by students and I have a box at the office that we us the BT in there that don't have student names on them for prizes and suppies that are needed. We are passing collection sheets out in fun themes. The Prinipal was so suprised by the in flow of BT's she never thought it would work as well as it has. I set a goal of $500.00 for the year not thinking much would come of it and as of my 10-31-08 deadline we turned in over $1000.00 worth of BT's. This month I am going to do a drawing to be held after Thanksgiving so that the childen can get the sheet filled in with all 25 BT's. I hope this works for you as it has for us.
PS I know that the teachers will be more excited when they get their first checks in Dec.

Darlene