Storage for Mt. Language/Mt. Math - ProTeacher Community

LaVerne

Storage for Mt. Language/Mt. Math
Old 07-06-2006, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi...I plan on using the Mt. Language this fall and wondered if anyone had any good ideas for storing the long card strips? I want to be able to rotate the cards weekly and can't come up with a good storage/organization plan to access the strips quickly and easily. THANKS.

LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher2

Mtn. Math/Language
Old 07-06-2006, 04:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use the Mountain Math program and I keep all of the pieces in the pocket charts I use on my bulletin board. I used two full size basic pocket charts. It is very easy to then rotate front to back or back to front. Did your kit come with pictures of how to set it up with pocket charts? If not you may be able to find some on their website. I purchased some very inexpensive basic pocket charts from WalMart and I use some push pins to help hold up the extra heavy pockets. In math there are a few pieces that don't fit well in a pocket chart pocket by itself, so I have page protectors cut to fit those pieces and then I place those into a pocket.
I hope this helps. I'd love to hear how you like the Mountain Language program after you have used it for awhile.
teacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote

LA Teacher

Mt.Language
Old 07-06-2006, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've used Mt. Language for years. I have a nice tan bulletin board. So I just put up a nice border/no paper. I staple the # cards and use a clear shower curtain to place the cards in. I staple the shower curtain to the BB board and make sort of a pocket to sit the cards in. I just put the cards to the back of the pouch for the next week. Does this make sense? I didn't want to staple the cards or punch holes in them. One teacher punched a hole and used hooks to hang the cards on.
LA Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

iPeach

Storage
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I labeled file folders and wrote the numbers on them. Ex: 3.1-3.3. I then put them in a box that was big enough to fit the largest piece. However, I only used 5 problems a day so I had to store them. If you want to use all the pieces and didn't buy their vinyl holders, I'd hole punch them, run a metal ring through them, and use a thumbtack on the BB. That way you have all 30 weeks there and you just have flip them over each day. Make sense? It's one idea.
iPeach is offline   Reply With Quote

BetsyC

Old 07-06-2006, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I also use Mt. Math. I tried many different ways to organize my cards before finally settling on the solution that works best for me. First, separate all your cards into stacks according to number. (All the one's in a stack, two's in another stack, etc.) Next hole punch each card in the upper corner. Then coalate your cards into complete sets and bind them with a ring. (I'm sure that there is an official name for those rings but I can't think of it. They come in many sizes and can be purchased at teacher supply stores.) Hook all the sets you're students have already used on one hangar and the unused sets on another hangar, this way you don't forget which ones have already been used. I keep my hangars in our supply cabinet. Each set will last two weeks of course because all you have to do is flip each card over.

BetsyC is offline   Reply With Quote
CLM

CLM

Old 07-06-2006, 11:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have my cards separated by number with holes punched in the corners. I store them in order in a long narrow TREND cardboard box designed for holding sentence strips etc. Each week I pull from the front and file used ones in the back. I use pushpins to put them up on the bulletin board through the punched holes. A friend suggested making an answer key and storing it with each set in a large manila envelope to be all set for the next year. I may do that this year. Also, we had 3 teachers sharing and rotating one set of cards for Mt. Math and Mt. Language and it worked out very well.

LaVerne

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2006, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

It never ceases to amaze me that I can post a problem on this website and some creative wonderful teachers out there can solve it for me!!!

I had never thought of using the rings to organize the strips. What a great idea! And putting the whole bunch inside the plastic protective area.

THANKS SO MUCH!!
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

teachfla

Mountain Math Storage
Old 07-07-2006, 08:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We went through and numbered our Mountain Math cards from easiest to hardest (in our opinion.) Then we put each week's worth of strips into big manila envelopes and labeled them according to the week. Simple, and always easy to find!
teachfla is offline   Reply With Quote

poogy

teachersecondgrade
Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I absolutely love MM and ML. I used it for years in fifth grade. I recently changed to second grade. I have the cards, but not the questions. Can you help me find out how to get a copy of them? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
poogy is offline   Reply With Quote