Fairy Tale Newspaper - ProTeacher Community

TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Fairy Tale Newspaper
Old 10-15-2008, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi...I am going to read Fairytale News by Colin and Jacqui Hawkins aloud to my 4th graders. It comes with a free Fairy Tale Newspaper full of funny and fractured articles based on fairy tale characters.
I plan on using it as a mentor text to teach voice in writing.

I want to have my kids do a fairy tale newspaper. I have already started them on their articles and some of them are a riot. The kids' plan right now is to partner up and make a mini newspaper with construction paper and printed out clip art and articles. They will put in a weather section, sports section, comic strip and a puzzle. (I am so proud of the way that they are taking off on this project and driving it themselves pretty much. I am just there for control purposes and to help google images for the newspapers.) These would be cute, but I would like to publish all the kids' articles and make it look like one big class newspaper. Does anyone know of where I can find a free template that will make a newspaper and be able to have it printed.

NiCole80

love the idea
Old 10-16-2008, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love this idea. Could you please share more? I would love to do this with my fourth grade class.
NiCole80 is offline   Reply With Quote

AussieBird

Class Newspaper
Old 10-16-2008, 05:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have a look at :

**ReadWriteThink Printing Press

The interactive Printing Press is designed to assist students in creating newspapers, brochures, flyers, and booklets. The tool allows for multiple pages. Text added to the templates can be modified using a simple toolbar, which allows students to choose text features such as font size and color. As far as I can tell you cannot add graphics online though.
Interactive tool : http://interactives.mped.org/ppress110.aspx

**Three tabloid templates ( front, middle and back page) that allow graphics to be inserted can be downloaded in MS Word format here:

http://www.cleo.net.uk/index.php?category_id=317

Last edited by AussieBird; 10-16-2008 at 07:00 AM..
AussieBird is offline   Reply With Quote

deb603

Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

There's something similar to this on Writing Fix 6 traits, except it's a tabloid newspaper. The neat part is a story generator for fractured fairy tales. Maybe this will help too.
deb603 is offline   Reply With Quote
TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Wow!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I knew my PT friends would find something for me! I love those templates. The only thing is with two computers in my classroom it would be difficult to manage. I think I may ask my Computer teacher if she can do this in class....or ask her for her lab when she isn't using it.

Thanks!