10-20-2008, 05:27 PM
These are some activities that I have the students do in class. Repetition, repetition, repetition!
* Daily morning message.
* We spell the words together (we sing some).
* I place them on the word wall for the students to refer to when writing in their journal.
* Read or Write-the-Room
* "Roll, Stamp, & Write" sight words
* Stamp sight words
* Play BAM (sight word game)
* During reading center, they locate sight words found in their book and write them on white boards.
* After listening center, they locate and write down sight words from their book on tape.
* When I send home take-home books, I write down sight words for parents to work on at home with their child.
* Pocket chart. Making and reading sight word sentences--Ex. I like green (picture).
* Bookmaking (Kinderlit, simple sight word books)
* Sight word Bingo (make through Microsoft word)
* Art (Ex. I see one orange pumpkin.)