Hanging things on the wall - ProTeacher Community

stephm

Hanging things on the wall
Old 07-13-2006, 08:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach in a very old building, and I was wondering what is something good to hang things up with. I use masking tape and when I come in the next morning it is on the floor!!

stephm is offline   Reply With Quote

kricket

Old 07-13-2006, 08:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have used a glue gun to keep things on the wall especially things like the alphabet chart and things that don't have to be replaced often.
kricket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tchrgrl301

Tac it
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They have ssomething called poster putty. It is non toxic and leaves no residue. You can get it at walmart or your local school supply store. You only need to use a pinch of it on each thing you put on the wall and it will saty.

Last edited by Tchrgrl301; 07-13-2006 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: spelling
Tchrgrl301 is offline   Reply With Quote

imacacher

Tack
Old 07-14-2006, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use it, and everyone else at my school can't figure out why my stuff stays put, and their's falls down--the ticket is the COLOR of the tack! My school provides the white stuff that holds absolutely nothing. I've tried the yellow, and it doesn't do much better. The blue sticky tack is the stuff that works consistently. It's made my Duck brand, and you can get it at Walmart for 99 cents.
imacacher is offline   Reply With Quote

pamnpr

triana00
Old 07-14-2006, 04:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I agree with you. The blue sticky tack works the best and I also get it a Walmart. I contantly see my fellow teachers posters etc laying on the floor because the other stuff just doesn't hold as well. Good tip! "SMILE"

pamnpr is offline   Reply With Quote

TootSweet

Old 07-14-2006, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Yep, that blue sticky tack is the best ever. Skip the white, skip the yellow, go for the blue!!! I reuse it over and over. What type of walls do you have? If you have concrete painted block walls, a hot glue gun also works. If your item is laminated, it is so easy to take back down. If it's not, put a strip or two of masking tape on the back and then put the hot glue on it. This is especially helpful on the back of construction paper.
TootSweet is offline   Reply With Quote

teachervet

I wonder...
Old 07-14-2006, 05:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I used regular scotch tape the other day. I will have to go back in and see if it's staying.

Do you recommend I laminate my posters?
teachervet is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

hot glue
Old 07-14-2006, 06:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I love using hot glue to put everything up. It stays up all year and we have HIGH humidity here in the south. I've never tried the blue tack, but none of the others work for me. I may have to try that. The hot glue comes off with no problem, and doens't take the paint off (unless I get too rough with it!).

Yes, MrsWeerheim, laminate your posters - it's the only way to keep them from tearing up through the years - especially everytime you tack them up. As a matter of fact, many of my colleagues laminate their bulletin board border for the same reason. Personally I think it's a pain to cut it out, but they get moms to do it for them.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Gr2Tchr

Old 07-14-2006, 11:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Blue sticky tack is the way to go for me. Nothing else worked for me. I could use it everywhere without worry. We can only use hot glue on certain areas and I always forgot where, but sticky tack can be used anywhere...and as other's have said, it is the one that actually sticks.
Gr2Tchr is offline   Reply With Quote

teachva

stikki Clips
Old 07-14-2006, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I used to hot glue my poster, but my head costondian decided too many people were leaving glue spots on the walls, so now we are not allowed to use hot glue. Now I use stikki clips. They are plastic clips with was on the back. They stay up all year, and I like the ease of switching my posters throughout the year (as long as they are the same size).
teachva is offline   Reply With Quote

teachervet

sticki clips
Old 07-16-2006, 05:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I've used those before, I think. They are the white ones with the sticky on the back and you just slide your poster in place right??

I need to get in and laminate my stuff, but I probably won't be able to until we are required to be there.
teachervet is offline   Reply With Quote

6th is for me

Command Poster Strips
Old 07-16-2006, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I love Command Poster Strips!! They are a little expensive, but I order them with my other supplies through the school. They hold very well and do not harm your posters, etc.
6th is for me is offline   Reply With Quote
Patti

Patti

tape
Old 07-16-2006, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I am in a new building, so hot glue, which I love, is out. I found tape at the school supply store called Marvalus tape. It looks like masking tape, but it's not. The supply lady garanteed it to stick to cement walls, and it does. Holds all year. It is about 2.49 a roll.

LA Teacher

Posters
Old 07-16-2006, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Since we have to cover up or take down "teaching materials" for ITBS, CRCT, Writing Test- I use velcro dots. That way I can just rip the posters off the wall for testing, and then put them back up after. I was sick and tired of covering up walls with bulletin board paper. And also tired of taking everything down/putting back up 3 times a year. I got those at WalMart in the craft section. It also comes in velcro strips. (White or Black)
LA Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Teaching2nd

Stikki Clips or EZ Up Clips
Old 08-06-2006, 10:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I use these to put up everything! They stick on all surfaces and are easily enought to remove. I order 10 boxes every year with the money our school allows us.
Teaching2nd is offline   Reply With Quote