Jobulator - ProTeacher Community

sunshine*inc

Jobulator
Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just heard about this site called jobulator. I guess it connects to Aesop and notifies you when a job becomes available so you don't have to keep checking Aesop. I read that you can accept the assignment through Jobulator as well. I haven't fully checked it out yet, but wanted to share in case others had not heard about it.

http://jobulator.com/pages/getJobulator/stepOne.aspx

Last edited by sunshine*inc; 11-07-2008 at 10:54 PM..
sunshine*inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Luv2TeachK-6

Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It sounds awesome...but I'm a little afraid to use it.
Luv2TeachK-6 is offline   Reply With Quote

*Alicat*

Jobulator-great idea
Old 11-08-2008, 09:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I thought that sounded great, so I just tried to install it on my computer and the districts that I sub for don't have this activated so I can't use it. Thanks though, I hope it works for you. My husband said there is no harm in using it as it is a widget program through frontline.
*Alicat* is offline   Reply With Quote

Sprink

Jobulator
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We just started using it in my area. There was a message on Aesop for about a week before announcing that jobulator was coming. On the date it was activated we were told how to download the program.
I really like it. A jobulator widget on your desk top shows the number, if any, jobs are available. An audable alarm sounds when a job becomes available. You don't even have to log in. The jobulator gives the details of who and when. You just type in your pin to accept. It's easy to use.
Sprink is offline   Reply With Quote
Kirbylady

Kirbylady

I like SubJobSearch
Old 12-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I use a program called "SubJobSearch" to get most of my assignments. With this program, all you have to do is make a list of the schools where you want to work and the program will only accept assignments for those schools. You can set the program for morning assignments, afternoon assignments or full day assignments. This program can look for assignments every 5 seconds and when it finds an assignment that meets your search criteria, it will automatically accept the job. You can even exclude teachers that you don't want to work for and assignments for that teacher will not be accepted by the program. It even has a feature that lets the program accept a job for a specific day. When you go on vacation you can just leave this program running and you will have a job when you come home. This program even has an auto login feature that will log you back into Aesop if your connection is lost. I found this program on Ebay a couple of years ago and it has been the best investment that I have ever made. I use to spend hours at the computer searching for jobs and now the time I spend at the computer is leisure time. I don't have to worry about searching for jobs, this program does it for me.

david234

david234

david234
Old 01-11-2009, 04:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Kirbylady,

Where can i find this application? subjobsearch?

Thx,
David
PVR

PVR

Disappoint with Subjobsearch
Old 10-27-2009, 06:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I bought Subjobsearch and an having great difficulty in getting it to work. I am now told I can only find jobs in one district at a time. I have tried that and it still doesn't pick up the jobs. I have followed everything to a tee, but still no jobs. I've asked to talk to someone that has it working, but cannot get anyone's email. I am frustrated with it and feel I have spent money and get nothing for it. When I ask questions, I am told that I am the ONLY one that is having trouble and the problem must be ME! I have downloaded the jobulator and it works, but this program doesn't!! I am very frustrated and have asked for a refund, but can't get one. Don't buy this program!!!!!
Sincere GIRL

Sincere GIRL

Stop complaining & go to work
Old 10-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I purchased this program SJS back in Sept. & have worked as much as I wanted. I took the advice of ERIC7100. Look him up! Don't say, you can't. Always say you CAN! Stop being frustrated. Having trouble, well read! The directions are 1,2,3. Hey, keep with jobulator and that will be more jobs for us.
Vickie05

Vickie05

RE: "SubJobSearch"
Old 11-13-2009, 11:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

HI!

I was wondering what this program cost yearly? I might check it out. Aesoponline is what I have heard about. Thank you!
juanslayton

juanslayton

retired teacher
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Vickie05,
Aesop is charging 39.99 a year.

That's not much, but I'm tired of these media companies milking our educational system. Here's a freebie that'll get you half-way there. Use Firefox for your browser and download a free extension called imacro. Imacro is a program that records what you do on your browser. You log into aesop, and get to the page with the button that says "Search again." Start the imacro recorder and push that button once. Stop the recorder and save the recording. You can then play it back in a loop, and the screen will continually show whatever has been posted.

If you're running on a Linux platform, I have written a shell script which will beep whenever there is a new posting. I have used it for some time and it has given me an edge, as my district has not had jobulator until now. I'll be glad to share it with anyone who is interested. My email address is juanslayton@dslextreme.com. But I'll be out of town for a few days.

John Slayton
JenTenpas

JenTenpas

sub without a job
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Thank you for the Firefox suggestion! The districts I sub for recently implemented the Jobulator and I have found that I can no longer get jobs because I do not have broadband internet. At least this macro would allow me to search without having to constantly update things myself...I might actually see jobs this way!

I do not like Jobulator. It has taken the opportunity for picking up sub jobs from scores of good subs. It has further opened the digital divide for those of us who have no means for getting better internet. Jobulator does not work with smartphones so there is no added benefit there, either.
timmmyb

timmmyb

Linux
Old 02-20-2010, 08:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I use LINUX and it does not work for Jobulator. Slayton, what is your email? Or please email me at my junk account Geak@hotmail.com Could you just put LINUX / Jobulator in the SUBJECT?

Thanks in advance
-Tim (Mich.)
Anette

Anette

Linux
Old 02-23-2010, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I am using Linux as well. Would you share how to download the widget for Linux ?

I would greatly appreciate it :-)

Anette
juanslayton

juanslayton

Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Tim,
Sorry I haven't been monitoring this site, so I didn't see your note until just now. My e-mail is juanslayton@dslextreme.com
John
juanslayton

juanslayton

Retired
Old 03-22-2010, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Don't know where on earth the above e-mail address came from. I'll try again:
juanslayton@dslextreme.com
John
verarj

verarj

shell script wanted
Old 09-01-2010, 06:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Thanks for the firefox info. We use subfinder and I can't find a widget. Firefox seems like it will work for me, but would love the shell so I know when a job is posted. I realize this was posted last year, but hope its still available. My email is klvrjones at yahoo dot com Thanks for the help.
Frustrated

Frustrated

Frustrated
Old 09-03-2010, 05:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Has the new AESOP "end agreement" affected your use of SubJobSearch?
In my district subs are forced to agree to AESOP's terms or they will not receive jobs. There are a couple of other onerous statements, including that we cannot use any automated search engines.
bill337

bill337

linux
Old 09-06-2010, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

There is a program called sub sidekick that works with linux.
zjm1000

zjm1000

jobulator
Old 12-05-2010, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

i downloaded jobulator. so far, it's yet to find a job. i sub in fairfield county schools in ohio, and the one district that i get the majority of my jobs from is not on jobulator. the one job that it did show, it never made the tone to notify me that it was on there, i just happened to glance and see it, and before i could click it, it disappeared.

cons: even if it finds a job, it may not notify you; cost is $39.99 a year

pros: you can still log onto aesop and search normally; easy to install; even if it only gets you a few jobs a week, its better than nothing; 30 day free trial to see if you like it
just jen

just jen

jobulator
Old 12-17-2010, 07:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I live in Fairfield county and use the jobulator all the time. I has worked for me for 2 school years. Check you setting and be patient. I sub any grade almost all the schools. So I see posting often.
subbiegirl

subbiegirl

Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

After the initial free 30 day trial, does isn't there a fee to use Jobulator?

nicpen

Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

39.99 a year after the free trial.
nicpen is offline   Reply With Quote
submadeeasy

submadeeasy

get sub jobs in 3 seconds
Old 02-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

you can get sub jobs in 3 seconds as soon as they become available.
i have developed a private script for my wife and she gets jobs every day.
this script is so powerful and for this reason i am considering selling it to only a few possibly not more than 20 individuals, not more than 5 in a single district

the script runs on I.E and firefox browsers. i havent tested it on safari......

all you have to do is login, leave your computer on and as soon it sees a job it grabs it for you in a blink of an eye.

Does Aesop require you to enter verification code before accepting a job? if the answer is yes... then my program will not work for you. i have noticed that some districts do this and others don't just like my wife's.

contact me for details. business2 at live dot com
gmat

gmat

I hate jobulator
Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

My district just started using jobulator and I hate it. During my 30 day trial I would get a job here and there but nothing like when they used Aesop. I click on it as soon as the alarm sounds and it tells me the job is already taken. One night I just happened to click on Aesop and there was a job so I took it. I got a call not 5 minutes later that my services would not be needed. No sooner had I hung up the phone the job appeared on jobulator. I clicked on it but it was already snatched up by someone else. My trial ended and I bought it because I need to sub. I have not been able to get one job since I paid for it.

missaustin93

sub job search
Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

Are you using linux or windows? I am thinking about this program but want more info before I invest. How much does it cost? Do you have jobulator on a smartphone or just computer? Thanks for your help!
missaustin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
AesopUser

AesopUser

Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

Just so you all know, any program that automatically accepts jobs from Aesop is an illegal product and does violate the End User License Agreement form Aesop. Just an fyi...
retired62

retired62

Retired/ Substitute Teacher
Old 01-15-2012, 11:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

Our teachers hate Jobulator. They are getting a wealth of lousy subs. Their regular, responsible subs are being shut out of jobs. The children and curriculum are suffering. People come in and spend their days checking for jobs for tomorrow. There is little professionalism in this. Before Jobulator, they could list 5 preferred subs who would be contacted first. This no longer happens. This is an example of technology at its worst!
teach-one

teach-one

Illegal?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

Well, the creators are the same, for both Aesop and Jobulator. Moreover, why would Aesop advertise Jobulator on their job assignment system, if it goes against their end user agreement? Think about.
Clueless5

Clueless5

Clueless5
Old 02-18-2012, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

Doesn't Jobulator look like an unfair business tactic that is illegal? Aesop gets the contract for Substitues in a School District so they have a monoply, they set it up so that the subs can visit their website or receive a phone call for for work days so that everything is fair. Than they start "SELLING" a program called Jobulator, you can have this for only $39.99 a year. If a substitute is willing to PAY Aesop to work than the sub will receive an advantage, if a sub can't afford or does want to pay EXTRA than they are at a disadvantage. If you are working how can you be near your computer to get Jobulator jobs? Now they want to put this on your cell phones, WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DATA PLAN FOR YOUR PHONE?, (which is another $15.00 to $20.00 a month) Why should Substitute Teachers keep paying extra money just to Work?

realchange

rip off
Old 03-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #30

I agree with you clueless5! I can't believe that they are making us pay extra money so we can get these little piddly jobs! I use to get calls every week. This past week, since they implemented the jobulator, I have not received any calls whatsoever! This is NOT right! I had teachers who specifically asked for me and now, I guess it is over...what a joke!
realchange is offline   Reply With Quote