Help

ARCHIVE

I'm an Awesome Writer - Printable

>

pamnpr

I'm an Awesome Writer - Printable
Old 07-17-2006, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is a neat coversheet or poster for Writing. I got it from another teacher site last year Enjoy! "SMILE"

Attached Files
File Type: doc I'm and Awesome Writer Cover Page for writing folders.doc (81.0 KB, 280 views)
pamnpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Pam4

cover sheet
Old 07-17-2006, 05:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That's cute. Do you put this sheet on top of all of their writing? I'll add that to my list of ideas for writing. Thanks for sharing.
Pam4 is offline   Reply With Quote

pamnpr

Pam4
Old 07-17-2006, 05:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I provided small 3 ring notebooks. I placed this sheet in a plastic protection cover. So, when you opened the notebook that was the first sheet you saw. I have a class set of these. The students had to turn the notebooks back to me at the end of the year. "SMILE"

camp823

Writing offices
Old 07-17-2006, 06:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Have you seen the writing offices at busyteacherscafe.com? They have several pages like this and I like the way they are organized in the "offices" for each kid.
camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote

pamnpr

camp823
Old 07-17-2006, 06:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hi, yes I'm familiar with busyteacherscafe.com. I may have found this sheet on that site. I'm always visiting different sites to get ideas and when I find ones I like I either download if possisble or put the site in my favorites. Thanks for mentioning that site. "SMILE"

DonnaTX1

Thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 08:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you for sharing the cover sheet! I am going to use it with my writing folders!
DonnaTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote

iPeach

Old 07-18-2006, 02:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Yes I've seen that before with the mini-offices for writing. It works well also with the hamburger paragraph format. Also, there's a graphic organizer in the shape of an ice cream cone that would be cute with it. Anyone seen the cute hamburger paragraph pocket chart from Learning Resources (I think). Can anyone afford it at this time?
iPeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Risa

Picnic bulletin board, back to school tie-in
Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks for sharing this! You just reminded me of a 'back-to-school' bulletin board that I used a couple years ago. (I may end up using it again, after being reminded by your post!)

I'll try to describe it, but forgive me if the description gets muddled. Maybe someone else will be able to use this idea.

The background was a red/white, checkered background, plastic tablecloth.

I made a place setting for each paper plate with a paper napkin, plasticware, and a paper cup cut in half so that it is 3-dimensional. I also found some paper watermelon paper plates (in a party supply store) that I cut in half to make it look like each setting has a slice of watermelon. I use straight pins to put up the 3-D items.

In the middle of each plate was the name of a subject in large letters (Reading, Math, Social Studies, etc.) along with such words as Critical Thinking, Ideas, Good Choices, etc. I think I had about 8-10 'settings' in all.

Across the middle of the 'table' is a banner that says: "Fourth Grade is Food for Your Brain".

Whew! Hope you were able to visualize it from this description! That was good descriptive practice for ME! :-) I'll have to share this with my students when I tell them how important it is to be 'precise' when trying to help the reader see the same image. !
Risa is offline   Reply With Quote

Siskiyoumom

thank you for the cover sheet
Old 03-09-2015, 07:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I have had a set of the sheets for years and finally ran out of copies and spent a long time trying to find them! I am so glad you shared them here. Are there other things from the set you like? I would love to see them.

My students know exactly what folder to take out of there desk, when I say "Get the hamburger folder."
Siskiyoumom is offline   Reply With Quote