Introduction letter - ProTeacher Community

desai.b

Introduction letter
Old 12-11-2008, 06:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I met with my mentor teacher today and she said I will have to write an introduction letter for the parents. What do I include in my introduction letter? Does anyone have a copy they would like to share?

desai.b is offline   Reply With Quote

DNF08

Mine...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Here is my letter. I student taught for an entire year which is why mine is a little different. Try to just keep it short and sweet.
I also printed mine off on some cute paper and a fun font...you don't have to do that obviously, I just enjoy that sort of thing! haha Good luck student teaching, it is the most eye opening experience of your teaching career!

Dear Parents,

Hi, my name is *******, and I am an Early Childhood Education major at Illinois State University. I am going to be the student teacher in this class for the entire school year. The first semester I will be here 3 full days a week and the second semester I will be here full time.

I just got married over the summer and am living with my husband, Jason in our house in *********. I was born in **** but have lived most of my life here in ********. In my free time I enjoy scrap booking, running, shopping, and spending time with my family.

I love working with children and am really excited about this year. I look forward to having your child in our class and getting to know them better.

If you ever have any questions, or if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
DNF08 is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsA_2009

Intro Letter
Old 12-12-2008, 02:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Here is a copy of the letter I sent out. It was for my first semester of student teaching in 4th grade.

Dear Students and Parents/Guardians,

My name is _______. I am the student teacher in your child’s classroom for the fall semester.

I am a senior at ______ University, and this is my first semester of student teaching. I will be in Mr. ______’s classroom on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from August to the end of October. From November to the middle of December I will be in the classroom every day, Monday through Friday.

As a student teacher I will be helping Mr. ______ in the classroom, as well as teaching lessons to the class. I will teach lessons in all the subject areas. In November I will teach the class all day for two weeks.

I am thrilled to be at ______ Elementary this semester and to have each one of you in class. I know this will be a fun time for all of us.

Thank you,
MrsA_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

skierchik6

Introduction Letter
Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This is a copy of what I used for mine. I printed it out and put some stickers on it. My SP wanted to make sure they were aware I had some experience etc...Hope this helps some.

Dear Parent or Guardian,

Hello. My name is ____________, and I am currently a senior at ________________ College. I will be working with Mrs. _________'s as a student teacher in your son or daughter's class this year until winter vacation. This is the fourth classroom I have worked in during my time at _____________ College, and I feel as though all my training and experience has prepared me for this endeavor. I am very excited to be working in this classroom, and I hope that the children will be able to learn from me, and that I will be able to learn from working with them.
I will be working closely with Mrs. ________________to plan and teach lessons in the classroom. She will be supervising each lesson that I teach, and making sure it fits in with the curriculum. If you have any questions you may contact Mrs. _______at the school (---)--- ---- or myself directly at (---)--- -----
I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with your children, and I know that we will have a great time together!
Sincerely,
skierchik6 is offline   Reply With Quote

heatherteach

letter question
Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

my I use your introducation letter for my student teaching letter

heatherteach is offline   Reply With Quote