Marcy Cook Math - ProTeacher Community

Nuteach

Marcy Cook Math
Old 01-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone know about Marcy Cook math materials? I read a little about them. It seemed promising. Does anyone have any advice on using it with 5th graders gifted and IEP? Does anyone know where I could buy her books used? Thanks!

Nuteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Teachtalk

Marcy Cook
Old 01-02-2009, 12:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use a lot of her materials in our district. I use them as a center. A coteacher uses them as kids finish math work.
Teachtalk is offline   Reply With Quote

mjoteach

Marcy Cook Math
Old 01-04-2009, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

There are several books listed reasonably at amazon.com. Tell me more about Marcy Cook Math. What is it all about?
mjoteach is offline   Reply With Quote

agteach

Marcy Cook Math
Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love her tile activities and they are favorites with my kids. They will work so hard in their attempts to finish a tile sheet. I use them on Fridays often as a review of new skills from the week or as an assessment or skill building for newer concepts. Anything that gets my kids so excited about math is worth the investment.

If you can get to one of her workshops, GO. Lots of ideas on things to do with her materials.

I teach gifted; they work well with them. I do not have to be this specifics on IEPs; in fact, we use GEPs now so we do not have to individualize unless it is an unusual situation.

Try Amazon and see if any of her books show up used. Maybe you can just Google used Marcy Cook materials?? They are not too expensive and seem to hold up extremely well.
agteach is offline   Reply With Quote

buddy777

Marcy Cook
Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have used her materials for 13 years and have been to three of her workshops. If you ever get a chance to go, definitely take advantage! My kids absolutely love all of her materials! I used to teach a 90-minute block of math and science, and the kids would BEG me to do math for the entire 90 minutes so they could do Marcy Cook math. Her web site is www.marcycookmath.com where you can look at samples of all her materials.

buddy777 is offline   Reply With Quote