I Need Art Room Decorating Ideas??? - ProTeacher Community

Lynete

Lynete

I Need Art Room Decorating Ideas???
Old 07-24-2006, 08:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I read the posts about the art room door. They are really great ideas. How about decorations for inside the art room??? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mrs. T.

Murals
Old 07-25-2006, 12:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about creating a theme, and designing murals around that theme. The students could complete the murals. (for smaller grades, you would draw the mural...they would use crayons, chalk, paint, etc. to complete them)...for the upper grades, you could give them the theme, and they could create the murals and complete them. This could be something you put in your lessons, or they could do this during any free time they may have.
In our school, the upper grade students actually painted murals on the walls. This year they have painted over those murals...not sure what she has planned now.
Mrs. T. is offline   Reply With Quote
jenuone

jenuone

easy idea
Old 08-04-2006, 01:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

A very easy idea for a wall of board is to put up a blank sheet of paper and let the kids decorate it. I did this once or twice and called it the "wall of creativity". The students were allowed to put just about anything up: poems, cartoons, sketches, etc. You do have to moniter it frequently, but the kids enjoy working on it and reading/observing it.
hourani

hourani

teacher
Old 04-03-2007, 06:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

any idea 4 theme around artroom?
mommomatyahoo

mommomatyahoo

Art Room Decor
Old 07-01-2007, 01:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have just acquired my first art classroom! It's for grades K-5 and I'm very excited. I want them to be in awe but not overwhelmed when they enter the room. I'm making my own (inspired by Pottery Barn Kids) larger-than-life paintbrush and am also going to make enormous colored pencils out of dowel rods, and a large palette for the brush out of foam board (probably tan). I'm also going to put up, perhaps on the outside above the door, a quote (incomplete) by Picasso who stated that "Every child is an artist." I may even laminate prints (8"x10") of pieces by famous artists to suspend above each table (as I know that in many elementary schools children are called up to do things by table/table name/color). They may come to recognize artists such as VanGogh, Picasso, Renoir, Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol, etc., if they come to view and become associated with them every day. I hope that at least one of these ideas has inspired you. Best of luck!

hala

hala

decoration
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

decoration for art room
Susank

Susank

Art Teacher
Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

The best thing I have done is have tables by colors. I have 5 round tables, and painted paint buckets according to the table.. these are used as trash buckets so students don't have to get up to throw away scraps.
CharlotteT

CharlotteT

art teacher
Old 08-14-2010, 12:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I painted my six long art tables each a different color...red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. I think this year I am going to arrange them in the shape of a color wheel and leave enough room so I can stand in the center and see what everyone is doing!

albertsmith

Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

It is so much fun to decorate children's rooms and spaces! There are so many creative ways to approach it and so many choices! The best way to approach it is to decide on your color palette first. Then paint your walls and buy your furniture. Choose the wall art last based on the overall shades and colors of your interior. My shop, HJM Art Gallery, can help you with the artwork for your walls. Check out my "Kids Wall Art"section for happy and colorful art. My art is badget-friendly and very affordable! Have fun decorating!
albertsmith is offline   Reply With Quote