Help

ARCHIVE

jungle theme ideas needed

>

cbohlig

jungle theme ideas needed
Old 07-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am moving to third grade and am very interested in doing a jungle theme this year. I have spent hours searching through the archives for ideas. There are so many great ones out there. However, I am stuck with creating a job board that would highlight a job for every student. If anyone has any ideas, please pass them along to me. In addition, I would also accept any other ideas besides the job board. Thanks!

cbohlig is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

jobs
Old 07-25-2006, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

are you looking for jobs with a jungle theme? or just jobs for every student? my students have year-long jobs (6th grade) and they and i LOVE it! no remembering who has what job, and they don't have to check to see what their jobs are and what it entails--it's habitual. (they also tell my their top choices, so they aren't stuck with a job they despise.)

if you are just looking for jobs (not with a jungle theme) post again and let me know--i'll post my list of jobs.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

cbohlig

Old 07-25-2006, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would welcome both ideas. I don't think I made it clear what I am looking for with my board. I don't know how to arrange it. What are some cute sayings? layout? etc... I hope that that is clearer. Thanks for inquiring!

camp823

Non jungle jobs
Old 07-25-2006, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

These are not jungle jobs but incorporate all the students.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Class Monitors.doc (22.5 KB, 366 views)
camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote

camp823

Cute Sayings
Old 07-25-2006, 04:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I had a jungle theme in my room. Some of my sayings were...

Fourth grade is GRRRREAT- No "LION"

Monkeys- "Swinging into Fourth Grade (or good work or whatever)

For the job chart, I found cute monkey posters/labels that said classroom monitors- I don't remember who makes them though. They had other labels in the pack of posters like Good Work, Class News etc.

camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote

cbohlig

Old 07-25-2006, 04:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I love it! Thanks for the information. It helps me gather ideas.

imalith

jungle
Old 07-25-2006, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I've a jungle theme for awhile now. I went to Goodwill and bought all the stuffed monkeys I could find. Then I took big wads of butcher paper and twisted it into the trunk of a palm tree. I made big green palm leaves coming out the top.

To make bulletin boards, I went to Walmart and bought jungle material for the background. I found some really cool lizards and snakes in really bright colors. I frame it with a plain-colored border. I use this for student work and self made bulletin boards.

It is fun to have a theme, because when I buy stickers or borders, I look for Jungle or green colors. Anything with monkeys or bananas is fun.
imalith is offline   Reply With Quote

GeorgiaYankee

Jungle theme
Old 07-25-2006, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I used the jungle theme a couple years ago. My bulletin board was titled Wild About 4th Grade. I made my letters from animal print paper.It turned out really cute. I bought some things from Oriental with a jungle theme to give to the students. I also put a grass skirt around my desk. Found a small monkey note board from Fred's to put on the wall. It is really a fun theme to have. This year I'm doing fish.
GeorgiaYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

jobs
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

camp823 and i have many similar jobs--here are some i have (that i can remember!) that are different:

date writer (if i didn't have a student write the date on the board, it would NEVER get done!)
cosmetologist (kid who puts make-up work in folders for absent kids)
electrician (turns lights off/on)
extra binder organizer (puts extra copies of work in binder)
supply desk organizer (pencils, etc)
AR manager (cuts bananas for bull board and reminds me to tally points)
computers on
comptures off
lunchbox to (to caf.)
lunchbox fro (from caf.)
SMARTBoard orienter
personal assistant (helps kids if need assistance or missed a lesson--i have 1 boy and 1 girl for this)
copier expert (knows how to use copier for emergency copies)
calendar changer
scrap paper manager
hygienist (soap, kleenex stocker)
librarian
ticket master (passes out Tickets Out at end of day)
breakfast hostess (takes breakfast trays from room to hall)
pledge starter

i had a monkey theme last year--
*large monkey on the classroom door "Swing on in to sixth grade".
*the letters i sent to students before the year started had monkeys across the bottom and the words "I'm bananas for sixth grade."
*AR bulletin board was 3-D jungle vines with monkeys (i think those carson-dellosa cut-outs, about palm sized). "We're bananas about reading!" students earned bananas for their monkeys with AR points.
*i made little coupons that said "Thanks for not monkeying around" to use as Caughtyas (trips to prize box).
*Dollar Tree usually has cute stuffed animals/puppets--i picked up a couple monkeys last year.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

missjohnson

Rainforest/jungle Theme
Old 07-26-2006, 01:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

My School's Theme This Year Is "wild About Learning" And We're Using The Rainforest As The Focus. I've Already Started Decorating My Class And It's Looking Great. I'm Teaching Third Grade So Around My Cursive Alphabets, I Have Vines Going Through With Toucans. For My Math Wall, I'm Using "a Bird's Eye View Of Math" And I Have Different Birds Found In The Rainforest Going Around That Wall. For My Good Work Board, I'm Using "ss...sensational Work" With Snakes All Around The Board. I Have Different Trees Going Up My Walls That I Created Using Butcher Paper. For My Word Wall, I Have Monkeys With The Title "hung Up On Words". Also For My Welcome Back Board, I'm Using A Huge Palm Tree With Toucans With The Title "we Tou-can Succeed In Third Grade". I Don't Assign Jobs In My Class, I Just Choose A Different Student A Week To Act As Line Leader And To Help With Different Jobs Around The Room. That Person Will Be Called My "top Toucan".
missjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote