all about me bag-parent letter? - ProTeacher Community

Racheljz82

all about me bag-parent letter?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had an example of a parent letter to go home with a "me bag" at the beginning of the year? I want the students to take a brown paper bag home and put 5 things in it that will help the class learn about them. Thanks very much!

Racheljz82 is offline   Reply With Quote

scarf_and_mit

Old 02-01-2009, 08:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a whole letter about discipline policies and homework and parent communication, etc. 1st day stuff...but here is the part about their About Me Bag. Short and simple. You could even print it on a little piece of paper and staple it to the bag.

Your child also has an activity to complete for homework that is due on Friday. Today, I introduced myself to the children with an All About Me bag; it contained a few pictures of my family and my house, a baggie of my favorite food, a crayon of my favorite color, my favorite book, a ballet shoe, etc. inside. Your child’s homework for this week is to make an All About Me bag. Please make sure that the things your child brings fit inside the paper bag and are not easily broken. Each child will have 3-5 minutes to share his/her bag with the class on this Friday or at some point next week. The bags will be returned as soon as your child introduces him/herself.
scarf_and_mit is offline   Reply With Quote

DNF08

Me Bag Directions
Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I print these directions out on labels w/ a fun font and then stick one on each brown bag and send it home. It was much easier then trying to send home a paper letter which always gets lost! I found the little poem on another website. My rule w/ the students was that the items had to fit inside the bag! Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Me Bag Direction Labels.doc (29.0 KB, 557 views)
DNF08 is offline   Reply With Quote

n2n2n2n

Old 02-01-2009, 11:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Here is another letter idea --- although I think the idea of a label on the bag is brilliant. If I was doing it again I think I would label the bag and put this letter in side.

Don't know what happened to the attachment. Will try again
n2n2n2n is offline   Reply With Quote

n2n2n2n

Old 02-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Can't seem to attach the file so here is a copy and paste. I could probably email you the file if you PM me.

Grade 1

Dear Families,

Your child is bringing home a “Me Bag” today. Please choose 4 or 5 items with your child that will help the class become better acquainted with him/her. Tomorrow your child will share the contents of the bag and the class will develop a “Me Chart” for your child. This will be used in our reading and writing programme.

Our charts will be based on the following sentence frames to help our emergent readers and writers.

I am ______________.

I have _____________.

I can ______________.

I like ______________.

My favourite _______________ is ________________.

As an example I shared my own “Me Bag” with the class. I included a special apple (I am a teacher), a picture of my family (I have 3 children), a piece of fabric (I can sew), a book (I like to read), a camp hat (my favourite vacation is camping).

Thanks for your help with this project.

Sincerely

n2n2n2n is offline   Reply With Quote

Racheljz82

thank you
Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

thanks everyone for your parent letters, it makes it so easy for me
Racheljz82 is offline   Reply With Quote

tbsrwilson

ME Bags
Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Here is the one I have been using. I am not the original author, just sharing...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ME Bag.pdf (44.3 KB, 413 views)
tbsrwilson is offline   Reply With Quote