Each morning I have my kids sign-in when they come into the room. I usually have a question and they sign-in their name below their choice for the answer. I am hoping we could all work together to think of some exciting and new sign-in/survey questions. Here are a few I have found on the internet and really like or have used previously. Please contribute...maybe we can think of 180 and have one for everyday of the school year!
1. Does your bookbag have wheels? yes no
2. Are there more letters in your first name or last name?
3. What time do you go to bed? before 9:00 after 9:00
4. Which is more fun? camping swimming
5. Which drink do you like the most? Pepsi Sprite
6. Who do you like the most? Jack and Annie Junie B. Jones
7. What is your age? 7 8
8. Would you rather swim in the pool or ocean?
9. Venn Diagram....I have a brother. I have a sister. I have both.
10. What is your favorite animal?
All ideas welcome and appreciated! Thanks a bunch!
I love this idea. I can't wait to "steal" it. I hope you don't mind. Let see... some other questions.....
11. White or dark chocolate?
12. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
13. How did you get to school today? Ride the bus or car rider.
14. How many schools s\have you attended? Just this one . Two or more.
15. Which do you prefer? cat or dog
16. Which hand do you write with? right or left.
17. Would you rather ride a bike or rollar blade?
18. talk on the phone or chat online?
19. Which would you prefer for breakfast? cereal or pancakes
20. How would ou prefer to write? Manuscript or cursive
21. Would you rather cake or ice cream?
22. Science or Spelling?
23. Indoor or outdoor recess?
24. Watch a new dvd or play a video game?
25. Take a picture or have you picture taken?
How did I do? I hope these are some of the kind you were thinking of using.
This is addictive. I told my daughters this idea and they have helped me come up with a few more ideas.
26. Glasses or no glasses?
27. Long hair or short hair?
28. Dress shoes or tennis shoes?
29. Sponge Bob or Patrick?
30. Football or basketball?
31. Music class or gym class?
32. Winter sports or summer sports?
33. Hotdog or hamburger?
34. Which is a better movie? Shrek or Cars?
35. Favorite superhero? SPiderman or Superman
36. Color of eyes? Blue or other
37. Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse
38 Which would you rather use for art? glue stick or liquid glue
39. What would you rather write with? Mechanical pencil or regular pencil
40. Which is more fun? Sliding board or swing
41. Favorite types of movies? Funny or scary.
42. What kind of milk do you like? chocolate or white.
43. What type of math is your favorite? adding or subtracting.
44. How do you like your mashed potatoes? With or without gravy.
45. Would you rather go to the beach or an amusement park?
Well, thanks so much! We are well on our way. I can't wait until my DD can help with school work! Here are a few more I was thinking of....
46. How do you like potatoes? mashed french fries baked
47. Would you rather eat applesauce or apple pie?
48. Would your rather read a book or magazine?
49. What is your favorite color? Name color
50. Would you rather go to the dentist or doctor?
Keep the ideas coming! Thanks so much! Now I guess I need to get to typing them up. Once I get one made I will post it and then we will only have to fill in the question but keep the format!
1) I draw something simple on the chart paper like ocean waves and ask them to add one thing to my picture.
2) Write a number that has a 1 in the 10's place.
3) Write an even number.
4) Write a note to Mrs. Molitor.
5) Write a word that has a long a sound.
6) How do you feel today? Put a check under Great, Okay, or Not so good.
7) Have a list of times written on the chart - Write an activity you do during each time of the day.
57. Does your first name a odd number of letters?
58. Does your first name have an even number of letters?
59. Does your first and last name have an odd or even number of letters?
60. Does your first and last name have more than 12 letters.
61. Is your birth month an even number?
62. Is your birth month an odd number?
63. Is your birthdate higher than the number 10?
64. pattern( A-1 cent, B- 5 cent, C- 10 cent, D- 1 cent, E- 5 cent, F- 10 cent, etc.....Z) how much is your first name worth?
65. pattern how much is your first and last name worth?
66. HOw much change will you get back from a $1.00 with what your first name is worth?
67. does your first name have at least 6 letters?
68.Fall activity: jumping in leaf piles or making a scarecrow?
69.Pumpkin carving :funny face or scary face?
70.Halloween costume: scary, funny or pretty?
71.Favorite color apple: yellow, red or green?
72.Apple activity: apple picking or bobbing for apples?
73.Favorite fall color: red, orange, yellow or brown?
74.Thanksgiving food: turkey or stuffing ?
75.sledding or skiing?
76.snowman or snow fort?
77.mittens or gloves?
78.family celebration :Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa etc...?
79.The Grinch: cartoon version or movie version?
80.Books: The Polar Express or The Grinch?
81.Hot chocolate with or without marshmallows?
82.ice skating or ice hockey?
83.snowsled or snowtub?
84.plant a flower or pick a flower?
85.rather plant a flower or vegetable garden?
86.jumping in puddles or walking around puddles?
87.umbrella or raincoat?
88.Spring holidays: Easter , Passover, etc...?
89.chicks or ducklings?
90.Marshmallow Peeps: bunnies or chicks?
91.favorite color jellybean?
92.build a sandcastle or dig a big hole?
93.sunglasses or hat?
94.hat or visor?
95.beach, pool or lake?
96.favorite tidepool animal: crab or starfish?
97.whale watching or fishing?
98. vacation: road trip or plane ride?
99. camping or hotel?
100.cannonballs or bellyflops?
I do not do daily questions... but I might now.
I use them sometimes as a morning graph. Instead of signing in I might have them put a sticky dot under their choice when they come in in the morning. Or they may sign their name on a Venn diagram question.
We would talk about the graph at Morning Meeting and ask some math questions. When the graphs pile up they are bound into a book. The kids love to look through the graph books.
Oh, wow! I can't believe we are up to 100! Thanks for all of the great ideas (esp. the seasonal ones!) I usually have a child read the results of our daily sign-in during our morning meeting time. It's just used as a way for the kids to be accountable for letting me know they are there and we learn a little about each other in the process. I relate it to signing in at the doctor's office and they seem to understand that analogy. Only 80 more to go. I am working on getting them typed up. Right now I am up to 12. When I get 20 I will attach them and you can use them as you wish! Happy Friday!
Hi, I took a class this summer and learned about an activity called "Forced Choices". You can do this in a couple of ways:
1. Ask a question that only has 2 answers to choose from. Designate one area of the classroom for answer "A" and the other area for answer "B". This gets the kids moving and is fun to visually see how many people choose each idea. (Or you can have a question that has 4 choices for answers, and designate each corner of the classroom for each choice)
2.Give each child an index card and have them draw lines to divide it into 4 sections. For each section you ask 1 question that has 2 choices for an answer. They write the answer in the box. After all four questions have been asked and answered on the card, have kids get up and move around. First tell them to find a person that matches at least 1 of the boxes. Then ask, "Can you find a person that matches 2 boxes? 3? Is there anybody in this room who can find someone that matches all 4 boxes?
Just an idea! I am excited to try these with my new class this year.
101. Pizza. Pepperoni or cheese?
102. Sleeping in or getting up early?
103. Swimming- jump on in or getting in slowly?
104. Sit in front of the room or back of the room?
105. Birthday- already happened this school year or yet to come?
106. Eating dinner at home or at a reataurant?
107. Rather a pet turtle or pet fish?
108. Sled riding or building a snowman?
109. Brushing teeth or brushing hair?
110. Watching a movie at home or theatre?
111. Jumping rope or climbing rope?
112. Climping a tree or climbing a jungle gym?
113. Leopard print or zebra print?
114. Shoe size- bigger than 3 or small than 3?
115. Whiffle ball or baseball?
116. Bath or shower?
117. Blonde hair or other color hair?
118. Wearing dress shoes or tennis shoes?
119. Snoopy or Garfield?
120. McDonalds or Burger King?
121. Jeans and T-Shirt or Dress-up Clothes?
122. Animals in the zoo or animals in the wild?
123. Rather ride in a car or truck?
124. Cheering at a game or playing a game?
125. Watching a football game or cartoons?
I love this idea... what a great way to have my kids take attendance in the morning and actively engage them in the day
131. boys or girls
132. first grade or second grade
133. cursive or printing
134. outside or inside
135. hot chocolate or chocolate milk
137. Coke or Pepsi?
138. Taco or buritto?
139. zoo or aquarium?
140. sending a letter or getting a letter?
141. cereal or pop tart?
142. elevator ride or escalator ride?
143. french fries with or without ketchup?
144. staying up late or going to bed early?
145. Write with pen or pencil?
146. Write on chalkboard or paper?
147. bubble gum or lollipop?
148. Milkshake or ice cream float?
149. raking the grass or shoveling the snow?
150. setting the table or clearing the table?
151. Hamburger or cheeseburger?
152. Fried chicken or bbq chicken?
153. painting a picture or drawing a picture?
154. Dance the hokey pokey or chicken dance?
155. Fish or chicken?
156. Hiking or canoeing?
157. bumper cars or ferris wheel?
158. pop or water?
159. Regular chips or nachos?
160. water park or amusement park?
161. musical chairs or simon says?
162. shoes with ties or shoes with velcro?
163. corn on the cob or off the cob?
164. vacuum or take out the garbage?
165. bring you lunch or eat school lunch?
I cut and pasted the list of daily questions posted so far. However, i am a new member and am not authorized to post an attachment. e-mail if you want it and then you can post it. It's not fancy but all quetions are on the same document.
I used this when I taught first grade. I laminated each student's name on cardstock and then attached a magnet to the back. Each day, students found their name and then put it under their answer. Everyday we discussed which category had the least, greatest, etc..I gave them more than two choices some days. For example, on the first day I wrote "How do you feel today?" Nervous, Happy, Scared, Excited. Sometimes I would put "other," which was great because they began to understand the meaning of other.