Dr Seuss door decorating contest - ProTeacher Community

NiCole80

Dr Seuss door decorating contest
Old 02-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school is having a door decorating contest for Dr. Seuss's birthday. We are to pick our favorite book and decorate our door accordingly. I don't really have a favorite book and would be open to any suggestions that would be cute. I was one of the ones who thought the door decorating contest would be a good idea, so I need mine to look really cute. I teach 4th grade, but my I really like when my door looks cutesy not so big kid.

Thanks in advance!!

NiCole80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Glenna

Glenna

Dr. Seuss
Old 02-23-2009, 10:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I LOVE the book OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO>

treetoad

Old 02-23-2009, 05:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.as...BSeuss%2Bprint

or google dr. suess art prints for ideas since the above post might not come through
treetoad is offline   Reply With Quote

mossgirl9

Old 02-25-2009, 09:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When we have door decorating contests at school, I usually find a coloring page online and create an transparency then trace it on big butcher paper. Color and add some glitter to make it beautiful.
mossgirl9 is online now   Reply With Quote

Krielyteacher

Door Decorations
Old 02-25-2009, 09:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Fox in Sox- cut 1/2 a laundry basket and attatch it to the door. Have each student bring in a funny sock. In order to make sure they get thiers back, they can put thier name on a peice of tape and put it on the inside. Have the kids illustrate a few pictures of different animal wearing funny sox!

Horton Hatches The Egg- make a BIG elephant sitting on a nest (get some hay, or moss) with a huge (Easter) egg inside. Add some glitter (it makes everything stand out!)

I Wish I Had Duck Feet- Make different footprints all over the door. Attach a picture of each class member to the feet (making the feet thiers)

Good Luck and Have fun!

Krielyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

NiCole80

Old 02-26-2009, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

thanks, I would have never thought about doing a coloring page!!
NiCole80 is offline   Reply With Quote

mary.lu

Old 03-07-2009, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Draw a big cat in the hat hat and let the kids use white and red tissue paper for a 3D effect.
mary.lu is offline   Reply With Quote

GBickel

dr seuss door decoration
Old 03-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We do a hall way display in my first grade. It is always a big hit. One thing you could do is get a picture of the cat in hat and white out his hat. Then have the kids design a new hat for him. Let them get as big and wild and crazy as possible such as an umbrella on top with raindrops, a propellar hat etc.
Put a sign up that says "The Cat in the Hat" is getting pretty old by now. We think he needs a make over. We have designed new hats for him. Do you like them? Which one do you think he will pick?
Another thing you could do is read the book called "If I ran the zoo" or "If I ran the circus" Have a zoo or circus theme door and have the kids draw weird animals and write about what they can do. Have fun!!
GBickel is offline   Reply With Quote
ssdempsey

ssdempsey

dr. seuss biography wheel
Old 03-13-2009, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

My class just won a Dr. Seuss bulletin board contest at our campus. I am a 4th grade teacher. Our class made biography wheels about Dr. Seuss (author). We devided paper plates into eight sections-name, birth, early life, family, education, accomplishments, contribution to world, death. We did research on internet and books. You can modify that according to your grade level. They really learned alot about the author. Then they colored and decorated with drawings. I also took pictures of them with dr. seuss hats and cut/paste their heads on "Cat in the Hat" bodies. They really got a kick out of that. Just sharing an idea for next year.

mom2ohc

mmm
Old 03-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

great ideas
mom2ohc is offline   Reply With Quote