Help

ARCHIVE

Kindergarten Rubrics and Self Reflections

>

runner1015

Kindergarten Rubrics and Self Reflections
Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am preparing for our Kindergarten Portfolio Preview Night. On this night, students and parents look through the child's work samples. The child is supposed to show the parent all of his/her work.

A few ?s...

1. Does anyone have any problem solving/word problem rubric that I can use?

2. I am also looking for a kid friendly self-reflection (for the kids to use) and a parent reflection (based on their child's work). Any samples that you can share with me are greatly appreciated!

3. How did you organize this night??

Thank you so much!!
Robin

runner1015 is offline   Reply With Quote

elios

elios

Me too
Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

WE have a portfolio night in the spring too.
Do you have to have a self-reflection piece?

This is my first year in K. I have asked my coteacher and she just has a list of things on the board for kids to show to their parents. Another cute thing we did in 2nd grade was have the parents write a letter to their child about how proud they are of their child.

What are you putting in their portfolios?

I have saved some work (i'm nervous it's not too much). Journals, some art projects, and I have a binder for them organized by fall, winter, spring. It has their monthly handprints, a little project, and some writing. I haven't decided on the cover yet--probably a laminated kid-drawn self-portrait. They always come out so cute.
I will probably put in their a little sheet about kindergarten--maybe a photo of me and the child, their favorite part about kindergarten, what they learned, etc.