Help

ARCHIVE

Electronic Planbook

>

Mrs. TN B

Electronic Planbook
Old 07-29-2006, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our principal has decided that we must keep our planbooks in an electronic format. We will be required to choose a template and use it to record our daily lesson plans. This will be a huge adjustment and I feel like I will be sort of lost without my planbook. I was hoping that maybe those of you that keep plans electronically would be willing to share your template. Also, what are the pros and cons of keeping plans this way? Thanks in advance for any advice/info that you can share.

Mrs. TN B is offline   Reply With Quote

Socks

Electronic Planbook
Old 07-29-2006, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I could never work from a store bought plan book so I always made my own template, even if I didn't type in the plans. The past two years, however, I did it all on the computer. I find it easier because I can always have copies at home and at school without having to take home my planbook everyday. We have to turn in our plans Friday afternoon so all I have to do is attach it in an email and I'm off. I don't have to wait in line at the copier to make copies before I leave. It is also very easy to make changes if I have to. I just open it up, highlight what needs changed and start typing! Here is a copy of one week of plans from this year. I hope it gives you an idea...
Attached Files
File Type: doc My Plans for December 12-16.doc (63.5 KB, 460 views)
Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

K-Jeanne

lesson plans
Old 07-29-2006, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with wanting to have my plans right in front of me. I always print an extra set of my plans and tape them into my plan book. Others will 3 hole punch them and add them to a binder for their plans. I do like the ease of copying and pasting items on the computer. They look great and I write all over them during the week. Good luck! Jeanne
K-Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Mari

Lesson Plans
Old 07-29-2006, 08:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've been doing the plans in the computer for 5 years. At first I was really worried, but once I got used to it it was so much better.
-You get to keep a copy of your plans from year to year if you save them on disks. In my school the plan books are collected at the end of the year. This way I can look back to see what I did the previous year and when it was done.
-I keep a copy on top of my desk at all times.
-If you need to take them home just print a copy of the week you need instead of taking the entire book home with you.
Give it a chance. I think you'll like it better than how you have been doing it up to now.
Good Luck!
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote

SoCalTeach

My template
Old 07-30-2006, 06:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Although most everyone else at my school uses regular plan books, I wanted to find a SIMPLE template so I can keep mine on my computer. I print out a hard copy and keep it in a binder for future reference. If I decide to make changes, I can also email them to myself so I can have access to them at home or school. I found a template online and changed it to suit my needs. Let me know if it helps!

Attached Files
File Type: doc Week 36 2006.doc (59.0 KB, 391 views)
SoCalTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Suzanne

My Planbook template
Old 07-30-2006, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Hi there! I love to write my plans on the computer. In the beginning of the year I make many copies of my two page template. I put them in a three-ringed binder and pencil in plans as I go. On Thursday I type the plans up, then print them. I give copies to the special ed. and reading teachers. I also include links to websites, powermediaplus or unitedstreaming videos. I save my hard copy every year to occasionally review for pacing. On Friday of each week I make the photocopies for the week ahead. This has left me nearly work free over the weekends. I'm attaching a copy of my blank template (made using the table feature in Microsoft Word), and one that has been complete. I hope this helps
Suzanne
Attached Files
File Type: doc Plan Book 2005-06.doc (75.0 KB, 395 views)
File Type: doc November 14.doc (95.0 KB, 240 views)
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote

bookmom

Love your template
Old 07-30-2006, 08:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have been typing lesson plans on the computer for 4 years and have used various templates in Excel and Word. I love how your template is so easy to read and understand. I copied yours and will be adapting it to our schedule this year. Thanks for sharing!
bookmom is offline   Reply With Quote

NCteach

Here is my template
Old 07-30-2006, 10:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have created a template in Word and it worked out very well. It makes it easy to email my plans to my principal too. I make a copy of my plans and store them in a notebook. Now I have last years plans in a file folder. I hope to put them in a notebook when I get back to school.

Good luck!!

Blank with pull outs.doc
NCteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Gloria

I used to do my plans from a template
Old 07-30-2006, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

the first 5 years I taught. Then I got lazy and went to a plan book.

After seeing all these great plans I think I am going back to the computer plans.

Thanks for the great reminder of doing plans on the computer.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote

littlepig17

SoCalTeach
Old 07-30-2006, 04:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Your template is almost the same as the plan book I use. I was thinking about typing my plans on the computer. Now I think I will! Thanks for sharing!!!! Amy

littlepig17 is offline   Reply With Quote