Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

uses for digital camera

>

p2000

p2000

uses for digital camera
Old 07-30-2006, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My husband just bought me a digital camera and I would love to use it in my classroom. Does anyone have any ideas or web sites that might be helpful?

wig

Old 07-30-2006, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I take pictures of class activites and post them on our website. Kids love to send them to Grandma and Grandpa. (get releases from the parents before posting them).

If you don't have a website, post them on a site like kodakgallery or snapfish
wig is offline   Reply With Quote

fun_friend

Old 07-30-2006, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My son's pre-K teacher used a digital camera extensively. She would have kids do an activity like sort triangles according to graduated size and then snap a photo. She would make a caption that identified the curriculum objective that he demonstrated by doing the activity. At the end of the year, the parents enjoyed a great slide show of the kids doing stuff. She printed all the pics on ordinary paper with the captions and filed them for each child and I got a big sheaf of pictures of my son doing stuff in pre-K.
fun_friend is offline   Reply With Quote

tish

I take lots...
Old 07-30-2006, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

and lots of picutes of my kids throughout the year. I create a memory book for each child. Each picture i take of a child goes into their photo album and on the opposite page they write about what they are doing in the picture. It is then placed inside the book. The parents loved them this year. The kids could not wait to take them home.
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Zee

photos
Old 07-30-2006, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I use my digital camera a lot at school. I use it to take pictures of the kids to put in the hallway in frames they decorate (they love seeing themselves). I also take pictures of the students doing different activities. Sometimes I put these up, but if nothing else, I have a great file of pictures to pull from when it's time to submit pictures for the yearbook.

I use our class photo on thank you cards for people who volunteer in our classroom.

When I student taught and subbed, preschool and some kindergarten teachers had taken pictures of the items in the classroom that the students used and then posted them where the item belonged.

In one classroom the teacher had taken pictures of restaurant signs around town....one picture for every letter of the alphabet and used them on her alphabet/word wall. It was so neat!

This is just a few ideas. I hope it helps. I am finding that the possibilities with a digital camera are endless (at least for me anyway).

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote

vic

digital camera
Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I use my all the time. My husband says I use excesively. I take pictures of activities in my class and the kids doing activities all the time. I use them on my word wall, class projects, bulletin boards and also in their portfolios to show their progress. The nice thing is that you can delete pictures that dont turn out and I just print them on regular paper or go to the one hour kiosk to print them out. You will be able to find a lot of uses for it. I also mad a mini memory book for each child at the end of the year (parents loved this) Happy shooting.
vic is offline   Reply With Quote

bams4

Try this site for additional tips
Old 07-31-2006, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

http://www.teachersmousepad.com/Digi...mera%20Fun.htm

This site has information about digital cameras, as well as tips for management and activities to use for digital cameras.
bams4 is offline   Reply With Quote

BookMuncher

student work
Old 07-31-2006, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have a permanent writing bulletin board with a black and white picture of every child, framed in rainbow colors. I switch out their writing throughout the year and keep the photos. (You could just have it be a place where they hang art work or drawings that THEY choose to display... could be different projects for all kids)

I also have little headshots of every kid on cards and then used them to create a birthday picto-graph.

I usually insert one photo on each newsletter, as well as making them into movies for my classroom website.

Since you teach pre-k, it would be awesome if you could create a game with laminated cards of each student. They could match names with photos like memory.
BookMuncher is offline   Reply With Quote

Lori2006

This Year
Old 07-31-2006, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

This year I plan on using my digital photography in a number of ways. One way is for flow charts. I found this website that showed a flow chart as a timeline where one page was used to represent one specific event. The kids drew the pictures for each caption, but I think I might try having them do a tablo (spelling?) where they act out the caption.
Lori2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
p2000

p2000

thanks
Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Thanks everyone! Great ideas. I can't wait to get started!

Xmeliss06X

Parent Gifts/Craft
Old 08-06-2006, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

In the preschool that i worked at one of the teachers had a digital camera and took individual pictures of the children for different holidays like Christmas, Mothers Day and fathers day.

For Mothers day the children planted flowers in little flowerpot then when it was time to send them home they made paper flowers with the child's picture in the middle on craft sticks and stuck them in the flower pots.

You can also take first day of school pictures and make crayon or pencil frames. Use craft stick to make the frame them glue on crayons or pencils that you cut to size. Send them home with the childs picture in them.

You can also make christmas frames and take pictures of the kids with santa hats or antlers.

You can also take pictures of the children on the first day of school save them in a folder them towards the end of the year take another picture and the kids can see how they have changed.

Also if you decide to do a slide show at the end of the year ( if you have camera software to edit photos you may be able to make a slideshow on that) a cute idea would be to collect baby pictures and but the childs baby pic next to the present pic.( you would need a scanner for this though) and you could put it to a cute song about growing up.
Xmeliss06X is offline   Reply With Quote
Mich

Mich

Old 10-22-2006, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I take apicture of each child evey month. I have the children make a handprint each month. For Sept the kids make apple trees with their hand and for October they make a ghost with their hand and Nov a turkey etc..... We make a calendar memory book and give it out at the end of the year for each child. I also add other pics of the kids doing activities and during events, trips, celebrations. It comes out adorable. I also make classroom books with the children's pics like we made a book called Teacher Teacher, who do you see? Each child pic was in the book.