Help

ARCHIVE

Birthday Bags

>

gloves2teach

Birthday Bags
Old 07-31-2006, 10:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you all give students for birthdays?

Last year I made up bags ahead of time for each of them. I went to 5 Below and got these cute little blow up beach balls and some other little trinkets, some candy of course, and a box of 12 colored pencils. I am having trouble finding stuff this year though. What do you suggest? Anyone know of anyplace that has colored pencils on sale for pretty cheap (I thinking less than 50 cents)? I know that is pretty cheap. I think I got a real bargain last year. Wal-mart had some for 50 cents but I think I got them cheaper last year.

gloves2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

vateacher

Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Target had colored pencils for 25 or 50 cents last week. They were roseart.... you could try there. I only ever give a special pencil and a little certificate. I spend so much on the classroom already that I can't spend any more. My school also gives them a ribbon and a cookie so with that they feel very special. Anyhow good luck finding things!
vateacher is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

bags
Old 07-31-2006, 11:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I do birthday bags, also, but I don't necessarily give the exact same things each time. I put in a piece of candy, a birthday pencil, a homework pass, 2 small toys (glider and bouncing ball, for example), a few erasers (the little shaped ones), and a bookmark.

The toys are what may vary. If it's a girl, I may give a fuzzy notepad instead of a glider plane. It just depends on what I have in my treasure chest at the time.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher2

birthdays
Old 07-31-2006, 01:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I used to just give each student a card.
Last year I allowed them to choose an item out of the treasure box on their BD. They really liked that. Like a previous poster I can't spend a lot of money on BD's, most of them get a lot from their families, and I already spend a ton of my own money.
teacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Debbie

birthday
Old 07-31-2006, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I make each one a sign which I have drawn myself- simple with balloons and confetti. For some reason they really love that I made it just for them and they hang it from their desk. It's so simple and quick, but it makes an impression. I have the sign sitting on their desk in the morning with a sticker for them to wear that says it's their birthday, a birthday pencil, a homework pass, and some sort of candy- a ring pop or small box of sour punch straws.

Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote

missd

birthdays
Old 07-31-2006, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have a birthday box in my room. It is a cardboard box that I wrapped with birthday wrapping paper and cut a hole out of the top. I filled the box with small toys (i.e cheap party favors from the party store) and covered the hole with a big bow. The box sits on my windowsill until it is a child's birthday. Then, the child can reach in the box and choose two items. He/She sticks a hand in (without looking) and is allowed one "throw back". The birthday child is usually happy that it is his/her turn and the other children get very excited to see what the child pulled out. I also give the birthday child a card.
missd is offline   Reply With Quote

tweet

birthday bags
Old 07-31-2006, 04:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I make up bags ahead of time. I include a birthday pencil, a homework pass, a sticker badge that says "It's my birthday", a bookmark that I print from my computer, and usually a smelly sticker. I also give a plastic dime. This is part of my overall behavior reward system. They save them up to buy stuff from my store. So they get a free one for their birthday. We aren't allowed to give candy anymore--only allowed at the 3 class parties we have--Xmas, Valentine's and Easter.
tweet is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Birthday
Old 07-31-2006, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

K Mart advertised the Rose Art colored pencils in packages of 12 for 5 packs for $1.00 in this past Sunday's ad. I give my kids a birthday pencil and a certificate. Dollar Tree had birthday postcards and Walmart has packs of 24 birthday pencils for $2.49. They also had packs of 24 award pencils (like super student) for the same price.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote