Aseop cancelling assignments - ProTeacher Community

SubZ2u

Aseop cancelling assignments
Old 04-06-2009, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This morning, I accepted a 6-day assignment from Aseop. When I checked my schedule this afternoon, my 6-day assignment was zapped from me. I was just curious, has anyone gotten any feedback as to why their assignments were cancelled out of Aseop? I did receive an email asking me to acknowledge the cancellation, but there was no explanation why. This is the second time this has happened to me. Just curious! Thanks for your reply in advance.

SubZ2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Elyssa

This has happened to me a few times
Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

and I called our sub desk to ask why. She said it could be that the teacher had someone else in mind and didn't enter the job correctly, so they cancel and then reenter it w/ the correct sub number. It could be that the secretary has a list of preferred subs and she changed it. It could be that the teacher's plans changed. Any number of things.

The other day, a teacher called me and asked me to take a job. I agreed. Then she said she had already entered it earlier and someone else picked it up, after which she thought about me, so she was just going to cancel it and reenter it with my number. Karma, I guess. Now I can't complain when it happens to me!
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote

SubZ2u

That makes sense!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the prompt reply!
SubZ2u is offline   Reply With Quote

sunshine*inc

Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The teacher probably had a substitute teacher in mind for this assignment. I've been on both sides of this situation; I've had some cancelled on me and the sub coordinator has cancelled someone else on my behalf.
sunshine*inc is offline   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

lol
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Your post made me think of that saying...
guns don't kill people - people kill people...

aesop doesn't cancel people - people cancel people.

thehehehehe sorry, it's been a long day.

I would call the sub rep for that school. If it is the same teacher who keeps cancellign you then I'd hesitate before taking another one of their jobs. Sometimes they put in requests b/c htey MIGHT be gone. Unless there is a good excuse such as wife having a baby, play offs postponed, or something like that I'd probably choose someone elses jobs. (I had one schedule me this fri a few months ago. LAst week he cancelled then changed his mind. I was put back on. Then last night it was cancelled again. I went ahead and took a job w/ someone else)

ciounoi

Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

The secretary canceled a job on somebody else and put me in because - quote - the other sub was "creepy."

:P
ciounoi is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 04-08-2009, 04:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

it just happened to me---I check on AESOP every morning to make sure I still have a job and guess what!!! Please confirm that you have been notified of this cancellation

But what can you do?! I picked up another job to make up for the cancelled job at least
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
dan

dan

answer
Old 06-16-2009, 10:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

The school zaped your schedule. They can do that at the location. I would check with the school.