Grade 1 Long Range Plans??? - ProTeacher Community

peronie9

Grade 1 Long Range Plans???
Old 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey everyone...I am currently teaching kindergarten and have for the past 3 years. I just found out that I will be teaching grade 1 next year at a new school! YAY!!! Anyway, I was wondering what your long range plans look like for grade 1? I know I still have a lot of time but would like to start getting an idea...any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

peronie9 is offline   Reply With Quote

playtolearn

1st
Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

it just starts off as an extension of 1st grade. you go over ALOT of routines and procedues. Simple rhyming (I do alot of nursery rhymes) ABC letter/sound activities and then slowly go into blending those simple CVC words. surely you will have a curriculum to help you.

with math, its the same. I do alot of exploration, simple sorting, patterning, hands on stuff.

I was in K and PK for 8 years and came back to 1st and am very happy, so good luck!
playtolearn is offline   Reply With Quote

JKmars2000

long range plans
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi,
I've been a first grade teacher for over 5 years and we do not have a long range plan set. We use our adopted teaching programs as our guide; Houghton Mifflin (language arts), Houghton Mifflin (math), Scott Foresman (Science and Social Studies). We often change the format or our social science and science units as wel. But, last year we started working on reading units of study and now are in the process of creating a year long plan for reading, phonics, math. I have stumbled on a few samples by googling year long planing. I have the websites and information at work.
On the 4th, next week, my team mates and I have a staff dev. day and we are planning our curriculum for next year. I will gladly send you info as soon as we have it ready.
JKmars2000 is offline   Reply With Quote